Dre Day Remake

I wanted that song from The Chronic as my ringtone without vocals so I remade it. God I love Renoise :)

http://rocko.thiscomic.com/Music/Dre%20Day.mp3

*anyone that wants source to any of my songs just say so and I’ll upload it, but realize that I use a lot of VSTi’s so it may not sound the same. Also, some of the VST’s I use I have to reset certain options like Portamento and whatnot everytime I load the song.

Not bad for a quick hack eh? I didn’t put much time into it.

But your absolutely correct about the guitar, Normally I’d record my own wah stab for that but my box with all the input jacks burned out :S I sent to much signal through it a few too many times.

The bass drum in the original is more 808ish as well, and the ride cymbal I just grabbed from the 909. Lazy, I know :) We played it in my friends truck and it sounded pretty damn good though.

The main reason I did this is because I was telling people that Dre used the MS-20 for pretty much everything but the samples, and I had to put my money where my mouth is. My next task is to figure out what he used for that kickass sounding synth in Natural Born Killaz :)

I was trying to remember the name of that song dude, sweet. Hell yes I do request. :D I’ll start on that one soon!

*BTW, that pad sound is just a random preset I picked from the Octopus VSTi and warbled it using a lot of effects into sounding “close enough” after I had the notes right.