Drum roll ladies and gentlemen........Piano Roll please!

You are very welcome.
Raul’s PRE is good. I decided to continue my work on a “simple” horizontal PRE with the current Renoise API.

Yes, I am on Win. You are right, using MIDI is the next option!

I hope they improve Midi drag and drop on tracks, then you could just use a Midi VST/AU FX Piano Roll Plugin.

1 Like

i would rather taktik work on audio tracks
at first i wanted vst3 and i hear he is working on that but audio tracks over everything would make life easier , im not
one bit interested in a piano roll , as no piano roll is what brought me to renoise as i find piano rolls tedious , i dont really get why you would want to use renoise if you want a piano roll , but i guess the option is there now if want it in a script , if renoise was a big company and we could ask for more i would rather some more soundbanks and audio tracks , and a few more effects to go with the already great ones we have , and i would like the samplers modulation effects to be avalable on insert effects , defo no piano roll but im glad there is a script so you guys that want one can use it :v:t2::heart:

1 Like

I agree, but I don’t even want audio tracks :smiley: I think he should just improve the sampler, so that it can become a sort of audio track (drag and drop, move different audio events, show bars) and if there has to be an piano roll, it should only be accessible within phrases.

I’m all for keeping the tracker view as tracker like as possible. The only thing I would want is more advanced FX Commands like auto loop a section with a command instead of continuous paste, then being able to burn some section of that loop to notes again. chords with strums. that sort of stuff.