Dry/wet Controls On The Native Compressor

Send machine has control for keeping or muting source.

oh how could i miss that ??? … [/irony]

it is not the same, if you have muted source you are only sending wet signal
if you have the source on, you are mixing 100% of dry signal + wet signal

there is no ratio , when in the middle of the dry/wet you would have 50% dry 50% wet, and 0%dry100% wet with full on wet setting

Technically if you keep the source, you’re getting 50/50. Half of the signal is wet, the other half is the dry.

But I do agree with you, I would LOVE to see a fader that you can specify how much goes where.

no not really, you always have 100% of dry + amount of wet, so in theory if you crack send channel up load and you go all the way to the right you might get something like 100% dry , 400% wet , but the thing is, you never change the dry signal you only set up ratio of wet signall added to it - i wonder if it would be such a problem
to add “MIX” option to keep/mute … the two would act as they do now, while “MIX” would do what we ask for
set ratio between dry and wet (send) signal

I understand that keeping the signal will make it 100%. But at the same time, putting the send at 100% along side it (both tracks set to same dB) will technically give you 50/50. Half the signal will be dry and the other half will be wet. The only problem is that the volume will be twice as loud since you have 100/100.

I still think we need to throw on a dry/wet fader. Possibly replacing the current amount knob.

it will be 100/100

because volume of the dry will never change if you move the fader.
by your logic it would be 75/25 if fader was in the middle, but it is not true.