Dsp Plugin Chain Minimize

Hello! This is my first suggestion. I really like how the plugin boxes in the DSP chain (not the plugin gui) can be kept as normal (like this picture):

But I thought a better idea would be to make them even more minimizable, as small, horizontal names that go down in a list. My two reasons for this are:

1. to be able to scroll through patterns and the whole song and see which plugins are turned on and off via pattern effect commands. Sometimes I forget where I turn on and off a plugin in the song and its a pain to have to scroll the song and scroll through the DSP chain, especially if you have 5+ plugins active in the chain.

2. to organize the chain even more so there are three options: either small in list form, medium in normal form, or expanded so you can see all the effect parameters.

Here’s a really badly put together representation of what I’m talking about: (made in mspaint)

The dfx Buffer Override is #1, the Madshifta below it #2, below that #3, then #4, #5, then back up to the top of the next column on the right as #6, etc.

I hope this makes sense. I’ll try to clarify the best I can if tehre are any questions.

-oh no its howard

YES!!

All of this is possible with the mixer view, you can even select which parameters to show on an individual basis.

But you can’t see mixer and pattern at the same time…

Haha, no, that’s true, but … both of willyd903 points are possible with the mixer. He wrote that he wanted to “be able to scroll through patterns and the whole song and see which plugins are turned on and off via pattern effect commands”. This is entirely possible, since the pattern sequence is active while inside the mixer view. Which, as it happens, also have built-in features for contracting and expanding devices. In addition, it is possible to see which effects are turned on and off for multiple tracks at the same time!

Just wanted to point out what is possible today, and that adjusting one’s workflow accordingly may provide some real benefits

Ah, thanks a lot! That is so much easier. I really like how you can just click on the plugin in the mixer view and it takes you straight to it in the chain. And you can adjust gainer and EQ too?!? Sweet. Again, thanks.