Dubstep Bass Synth

Nobody really knows what Skream uses, he’s pretty secretive about his VSTs and formula to gain his sound. But it shouldn’t be the biggest problem in Renoise, ringmod, scream filters and distortion is the way to go I’d say.

Well I’m simply trying to get the dubstep sound under my belt first. Then I plan on making it my own and really evolving it. I am no sheep sir.

That may very well be, but I doubt that’s the only way he works. I’ve spoken with a lot of people who go around in the UK garage scene, who have spoken with Skream several times at his shows, and they told me that he won’t tell other people what VSTs he uses. They may have been pulling my leg, what do I know.

lol back @ you sir.

i heard skream uses reason, so get your subtractor sounds on the go!

Skream - Oskilatah, that is a TUNE. Very Fine synth bass. If I was to pick a synthe to make that sound I would use albino 3.

oops, “lol” wasnt meant negative at all. just wanted to say that it doesnt matter what specific gear you use, it can even be a simple preset.
i know, its bad phrased. i thought skream sounds like rusko, - like benga, - like [name], (bass- wise). and there are videos from fm/cm.
you know, i was guessing. so theres the reason to lol at me. :P

Ahh, fine 'nuff man… I always thought that Skream had a very different way of using his synths compared to the likes of Rusko and such, who I think have a more round and soft sound.

Not that Skream can’t be using a simple preset, but I don’t think any of us will be able to pinpoint excactly what synths he’s using generally - I mean, hypothetically, he could be making his sounds in Renoise and rewire it, ya’ get me?

But for now, lets smoke a peace pipe.

Oh well, I wouldn’t know how Dblue or Keith303 set up their synths either… I advice to learn about sound synthesis…

http://vst.hotelsinus.com

3 synth:

Chrome Bassline - Simple but effective hard and hars bass
Reese Bassline BIG - Powerfull lots of parameters but easy handle
Reese Bassline - easy to use minimal gui.

enjoy

did you ever solve that loud noize issue in your reese bassline synth?

Loud Noise!? What Noise?
Nobody say that before you! I have 4 tester for the synth, before its out.
I never hear any noise came out from reese!

Im use everyday in renoise bt never get any noise problem,. can you pots me the preset?

w00t! :)

Also supported on OSX?

Sweet Thank you hotelsinus

actually i reported this to you along time ago(on kvr i think)but havent used it in a looooong time,so dont know if its still there

Tested them out, the Big bass line one does have a lot of noise, and all are very cpu heavy. I do appreciate your work though, will continue to test them out

did a small test too, and i´ve got noise after using the phaser level.
it had a value of 100 and i set it down to 50 or something and back to 100 again then ive got a lot of noise/crackle. so im not talking about white noise or something.
looks like the phaser has some probs.

i´m talking about reese bassline big :)

yeah,i quit using that synth along time ago

you can cut down that dirty sound with the F-Filter (LP)

Well guys, now that I’ve done much fiddling around, and taken the advice of many of you, I can say that I’ve definately got some really nice wobble basses running. I’ve found now that it is easier to sample down a bass at a root C and then simply pitch the sample up and down. Also, I found that applying forms of distortion and whatnot to the bass sounds give them more umph to play with while modulating the filters. Also, as many of you have said, it’s quite easy to make with just freeware vsts. Thanks.

Or no VSTs at all :P