Duplex Beta Versions

oh yes, may be thats why

i have this
http://www.novationmusic.com/products/midi_controller/remote_zero_sl

and the template is for mk2 (
http://www.novationmusic.com/products/midi_controller/zero_sl_mk_ii

right?

Yep, the MKII is the successor to that one. And without actually diving into the MIDI implementation, I think those two devices are pretty similar.
The MKII has some more visual feedback (LED rings) and such, but the basic layout is pretty much the same.

Have you tried launching the Remote SL-MKII configuration, just to see if it’s completely broken or not?

yes, the transport isnt working, i cant switch pages (so only 8 channels for faders available) and so on.

how can i make my own template?

Hmm…I forgot to ask if you switched to automap “user mode”? Should result in a MIDI signal passing through the “Automap MIDI” port
Also, did you load the supplied .automap file (located in the Duplex/Controllers/Remote folder)?

As for mapping the thing, we basically got two options.

1. Make a separate .automap config
    Since it’s possible to change the values that each knob send via the automap software, this would probably be the easiest
    If you’re in doubt which commands that Duplex will expect, try opening the control-map file “Remote-SL-MKII.xml”

2. Make a seperate control-map
    Apart from the work of creating the control-map itself, you would need to clone the MKII configuration and make it point to the new control-map.

Duplex 0.97 just got released - it contains two versions:

com.renoise.Duplex.0.97.api1.0.xrnx <- For Renoise 2.6
com.renoise.Duplex.0.97.api2.0.xrnx <- For Renoise 2.7+

• Supports new features in Renoise 2.7 (Mixer can follow the pre/post mixer mode)
  • New options for Effect application: include parameter subsets (visible in mixer, automated)
  • New applications: TrackSelector, and first non-beta version of Recorder

Original post got updated with more detailed release notes:
http://www.renoise.c…ta-versions-27/

Enjoy the release!

Hey danoise, congrats the release!!
But it seems that the file for Renoise 2.6 is wrong. It says API2.0.

Thanks, fixed.

The version number in the manifest was “2.0” when it should read “1.0”. Apart from that, the two files are identical - I plan to keep this thing backwards compatible.

Don’t know if it’s allready fixed, but i got an error too (Renoise 2.7b + latest Duplex beta):

std::logic_error: 'invalid midi message (midi message must contain numbers >= 0 and <= 0xFF.'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: in function 'send'  
 .\Duplex/MidiDevice.lua:186: in function 'send_cc_message'  
 .\Duplex/Display.lua:283: in function 'set_parameter'  
 .\Duplex/Display.lua:189: in function 'update'  
 .\Duplex/Browser.lua:1753: in function 'on_idle'  
 .\Duplex/Browser.lua:149: in function 'on_idle'  
 main.lua:221: in function <219><br>```

<br>
<br>
The error occured, after i loaded a DSP device chain..</219>

Thanks for the report. You were using the Effect application when it happened?

Sorry for the noobish question…

I have Renoise 2.7 + Duplex0.97(api2) + iPad with TouchOSC

IP of my Macbook: 192.168.1.2
IP of my iPad: 192.168.1.9

Renoise is set to enable the OSC server on port 8000

Duplex is set to the TouchOSC device.

My Duplex settings are:
Port in: 9000
Port Out: 8000
Address: 192.168.1.2

I have the same settings set up on the TouchOSC App.

I’m unable to control any aspect of Renoise no matter what I do. I have tried installing Duplex and Renoise over again and even installed PureData to make sure that I could communicate with port 8000. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…any help would be appreciated.

I might be mistaking, but shouldn’t duplex configuration have the iPad IP address and iPad have your computer address?

I tried that too. I’m still not able to connect. There is no firewall and all of my network settings are open…really confused why this isn’t working.

(UPDATE)

I was able to get it to work by using my computer’s Host Name instead of the ip addy!

That’s cool. Wonder why the IP adress didn’t work, but great that you got it working…

Now, Duplex only comes with a small TouchOSC template (iPhone/Android version), you might want to create something bigger for your iPad. The extra room makes it possible to cram in a lot of stuff, so don’t hesitate to post any questions you might have in that regard.

Yep. I am using BCR2000 with the mixer/effect template.
I think the problem occurs if i remove a device after it was once displayed on the BCR…

Thanks for the support! My day job is as a UI/web/UX/graphic designer and i’m seriously considering creating something cool and then sharing it.

Hey danoise, thanks for new Release - its awesome and works with 2.7b2 :)

However, I found one problem looping tracks in matrix ode of Launchpad (pressing two or three buttons at once) seems not to work - and worked with 2.6 renoise and older duplex.

This is somehow new configurable feature or bug?

Cheers

yes ive found the same problem - define a loop with pressing multible buttons at once isnt working while using “matrix - transport”
but it is working using “matrix-mixer-transport”! but when using “matrix-mixer-transport” i`m only able to mix the first 8 tracks when i move right in the pattern matrix only the patterns move from 1-8 to 9-16 but not the mixer channels!! would be great to correct this. (on renoise2.7 beta4 and duplex 0.97)

best greez and thx for your great work! :)

@ bluszcz & D.A.T.

I think that it’s just related to the option setting.
Try this:

Open [Settings] >> [Matrix] >> “Pattern-trigger”, and select “Position + PatternLoop”.

Yeah, installing 2.7 might have reset your Duplex preferences. I’m thinking that maybe the loop mode should become the default option?

thanks satobox!!
that was the the “problem” :)

@ danoise - thx

yes i think i dont needed to change it in the 2.6 / 0.94 version - so i was confused and its the default at matrix + mixer + transport…

however it`s a great tool thanks a lot for this!!!