Duplex: Korg Kontrol49

You don’t need to know LUA at all for this simple change.

If you haven’t already download the current Duplex version and install it.

http://tools.renoise.com/tools/duplex

• Go to menu “Help → Show the Preferences Folder…”.
  • Browse to "\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx\Duplex\Controllers".
  • Extract the “KONTROL49.zip” into this folder.
  • Open the “KONTROL49” folder and open “KONTROL49.xml” with a text editor.
  • Find the two occurences of "columns=“4"” and change it to "columns=“8"” and save the file.

Thanks for pointing that out, beatslaughter.

Also, it’s not really that hard to do a checkout from code.google.com if you want the bleeding edge version (which happens to have gone though a massive update a few hours ago, hopefully solving this issue as well as a lot of other things ).

I just tried downloading the updated Duplex LUA’s & XML’s etc and overwriting the originals, but this didn’t work. Any chance you could quickly run through how to download the latest versions and get them working? I was hoping it would be as easy as downloading the entire xrnx but I assume it’s just not compiled properly yet?!

See this README file, in the root directory of the SVN repository:

You need to be familiar with SVN. Here’s a link to a tutorial for Windows:

http://www.shokhirev.com/nikolai/programs/SVN/svn.html

I’ll probably wait until the next beta is out - go too much on! Thanks for the pointers conner, I’ll look upon it at a better time :)

So will the next Duplex, once released, have Korg Kontrol49 ability right in the Duplex download? And also anyone have any idea when this will be released? Thanks!!!

_o0m

Yes, it will. The svn version already has Kontrol49 support, thanks to your effort.

I can’t wait to get my hands on this feature. I’m sensing a B6 or final soon, along with Duplex v1.0?!

Will also be moving into a place with a dedicated room for tuneage. It’s gonna be a nice winter :D

Hi,

I’m trying yo get Duplex working with my Kontrol49 with the settings you can see on the screen shot I’ve attached. It doesn’t work :(

What do I do wrong ?

EDIT : Ok, I’m sorry I’ve just figured that out, I had to put device on None so it restart, put the right Device Settings (In Port A and Out CTRL) and it work just fine ! At least for the Mixer part, it doesn’t work at all with the Effect…

Hmm. If the Mixer works, the Effect should as well. Did you try to select an effect in the Track DSP’s?
Even if you have no effects in the song at all, it’s still possible to control the TrackVolPan device.

Works fine if you add an effect and adjust appropriately on the selected track, but trackvolpan isn’t working :confused:

Sorry, I forgot you had to click on it first :rolleyes: should/could it auto-select?