Expand/shrink supporting delay values

It doesn’t seem like the expand/shrink feature will adjust delay values. I e, if having a note on line 1 with delay 20, shrinking it should change the delay value to 10. Currently it’s a dumb routine just moving the lines.

Is this intentional or an oversight?

I patched dblue’s pattern resize tool for replacement shortcuts. See last posts in that thread.

It also fixes lpb, but I forgot that you may use the tool several times, so afterwards, you will have to fix lpb again. Will fix that.

Is this intentional or an oversight?

Well, neither. It’s applying the simplest form of expanding/shrinking as it was present in old trackers. When taking delay values into account and especially when shrinking, the conversion can be tricky, because new columns may need to be created to deal with overlapping notes after shrinking. We simply never spend time with this, but may do so in future, if that’s something that many people request.

In the meanwhile, you can use dblue’s flexible pattern resizer tool for that.

In the meanwhile, you can use dblue’s flexible pattern resizer tool for that.

Also check out Mogue’s expand tool if you want to do a whole song worth of patterns at once;https://forum.renoise.com/t/snippet-convert-song-from-lpb4-to-lpb12/30227

• Added recalculation of delay column values for note columns.
  • Added handling of (some) effect column commands related to time. (ZL, ZD, ZQ, 0U, 0D, 0G, 0I, 0O, 0Q, 0C)
  • Added handling of (some) effect commands in volume (Ix, Ox, Qx, Cx) and panning (Jx, Kx, Qx, Cx) columns.