Experiment: Live Sample Morphing

so far so good, b4 it would crash whenever i tried to repllace original samples…

quick question, does this only work w/ very short samples? Tried using a longer sample and when i ran it there was no change in the source destination.

you are probably mixing a very short sample with a longer one, using the first one as first source. The first found source sample is used to determine the length of the destination sample so, if you choose two sounds which are very different in size, it’s likely that the mix of the two will sound almost identical to the first one, although the wave will actually be different.

I do not recommend using it with long files, anyway, as LUA is not fast enough to handle the scenario; I have tried mixing two drumloops and it works, but the delay is unbearable.

NOTE: using a short and a long sample can also cause a crash because of a problem I have already fixed. Please download the newer version (0.22) at the top of the thread

Noted down a crash, but dunno if it is already fixed in 0.22

'C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.6.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.LiveSynth.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.  
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.  

Please contact the author (It-Alien (Fabio Napodano) of Renoise team) for assistance...  

main.lua:76: Script execution terminated by user.  
stack traceback:  
 [string "do..."]:36: in function   
 main.lua:76: in function 'init'  
 main.lua:351: in function 'look_for_synths'  
 main.lua:338: in function <336><br>
<br>
<br>```

<br>
<br>
Got the crash after installing the previously updated script (0.21), playing a song and and inserting a new vsti during playing the song. The tool wasn't even initialized.</336>

I have no idea why this happens. The problem occurs when inserting a VST instrument in a song, regardless of if the song has a “Synth” instrument.

I have reported the problem here some days ago and unfortunately didn’t yet found the reason for this. I will try to investigate it blindly as soon as possible; at the moment the only solution is disabling the script. I’m sorry for this issue.

ok, thanks to taktik the problem has been solved. Please download the tool again

cheers!