Failed to parse xml document?Out of memory

Trying to save a track ive done a shitload of work on today and i keep getting failed to parse xml document,out of memory?What exactly does this mean,the track itself isn’t that big and the file size is much smaller than other files i have saved.Please help!im afraid to close it!Also could be related sometimes i get the message out of memory free up some space when adding big wavs into renoise,problem is its not consistent and sometimes shutting down renoise and restarting it will allow me to add a file that was previously too big.

save you cannot save anymore? close lot of apps, save under other filename. Then use 64 bit version of Renoise. There seems to be a memory leak in a vst or so.

Had the same on Renoise 32bit / OSX, was not problem to close here.

64 bit?I dont think i can,im on windows xp,it only runs 32 bit right?

Ok so i shut down renoise and restarted pc,now renoise is not working properly at all.It takes about 10 minutes to load a song and when it finally loads it wont play anything,its like its completely stuck…no songs at all will play,nothing…

Ok thank god after another restart its working now and the track previously that could not be saved can now be saved and the data was saved even though renoise said it wasnt?really strange,also it looks like when that happened it fucked up my soundcard for a bit,no sound could be played at all,maybe it wasnt renoise!?!?I did notice multiple Audiopluginserver32.exe processes when i checked the task manager i dont know what these are.It seems unlikely it was a vst if no track at all would play??

There’s one Audiopluginserver32.exe for each VST you use. Memory problems can be caused by using memory hungry VST - it doens’t say much that the song file is small.

Had this problem too in the past, before upgrading to 16 GB RAM.

Maybe enlarge the page file can help.

I dont think i can,im on windows xp ,it only runs 32 bit right?

I see in the download specs of this site XP is still supported, wouldn’t have thought that :slight_smile: . How much memory do you have left on your harddisk? Could it be an authority issue, you’re trying to save somewhere in a network?

I see in the download specs of this site XP is still supported, wouldn’t have thought that :slight_smile: . How much memory do you have left on your harddisk? Could it be an authority issue, you’re trying to save somewhere in a network?

Ha,yeah i love xp.Plenty of memory on hard disk,no not saving on a network.Just happens every now and again.Seems to be fine now.