Farbrausch Releases The V2

Ok everyone… I don’t know why but when I had that attempt the plugin wasn’t responsive at all. Trying in another moment it worked. I was able to change sound… now my only problem is that I have some out-of-place driver that’s hard-resetting my pc when I start to work on Renoise… :(

:lol: :lol:

Kb/Farbrausch did :lol: :P

Renoise did a full crash, when I accidently unzipped the VST and BUZZ-dll of Farbrausch V2.

After removing the config-files and deleting the BUZZ-DLLs, everything worked as it should…

I’ll contact him…

Dopefish: Have you downloaded and executed “CANDYTRON” as linked in my prev post? If you have, you know what I mean.
They are the group who created the plugin… and they have basicly developed it for their own use, initially… so get Candytron and witness by yourself the great job done with the speech function :D

I’ll try that… but I haven’t installed the buzz plugin anywhere… :(
is the “config” file you mentioned the “v2edit.dle” files coming with the VSTi install?

No. I renamed the Renoise config.xml and the CachedVSTs.xml, so that Renoise had to rescan all devices (and I had to set up my personal keyboard layout again :blink: )

After that, Renoise worked 100%.

That worked with Full 1.281 and the Beta3 of 1.5. I don’t know how older releases will deal with that.

Ah, ok… you’re talking about the “VSTfx-instead-of-VSTi” problem, do I get it right?
Weird point, I had no problem in having Renoise to see it as a VSTi… :huh:

No, Renoise simply screwed up and refused to start. After re-creating the Renoise-Config-Files everything worked fine.

Hmm. I still do not get this V2 to talk.

Indeed this is one of the weirdest plugins I’ve seen so far :D
I sincerely hope that Kb will consider putting hands on it some more to round those corners…

hehe nice demoscene related discussion : )

keith’s list contain really the best demos available, maybe i’d add other demos by moppi like ix or gerbera… and maybe some kolor demos : ))

to be OT… that synth is just wonderful, i was standing for sample based soundtracks for 64k intros… but just only to the time das produkt was released : )))

so i can say this is simply a breakthrough, just like when fairlight released minifmod…

I still have no Clue how to get this thing talking for me… :(

that’s not an easy task to do, i didn’t make it either until now.
the only thing i managed to obtain from the speech engine are some really NICE sounding choirs.
but to make it speak and pronounce actual words/phrases is “tricky”, to say the least… =)

Okay. Update:

I managed to let V2 say stuff like dzmp and zish and grrg. Nevertheless these are no real words especially because I entered “dopefish” as the word, V2 has to say…

To archieve speaking (and singing) is a mixture of program changes (Pan-Column, FX-Column) and CC+Automation but I am not sure, yet.

hi there

so far i got it to work but with SEVERAL instances of the synth. what happens when i use only ONE instance is that if i use several 92 xxyy in several channels, he will use the last patch that the midi command told it to use. also, in the synth gui, everything is playing on channel 1. so maybe that’s the problem.

i’ve tried to use midi routing - or whatever that is… eheh - so it would change midi channels, but without success.

i’m puzzeld :blink:

AFAIK nobody (except KB <_< ) managed the singing… Weird…

So, you have forced V2 to say some “dzmp and zish and grrg” ?
It’s because you need to use special phoneme syntaxis
Sadly don’t know which phoneme codes exactly used for V2…

But i remember C64 speech program called “SAM” (Semi Automatic Mouth)
Here is some example of phoneme codes:

1. SAY"MAY4 NEYM IHZ SAE4M." (phoneme string, immediate mode)
  2. 10 SAY “MY NAME IS SAM.” (English string, deferred mode)

Maybe it helps … Hope so

btw: SAM’s manual

@Ceejay:

There is a Phoneme-Converter in V2 installed. But there’s this list of lines, which V2 should say… I dunno, how to adress the lines and I dunno how to make variations in the tones…

If I get this done… :blink: :yeah:

hi all…
problem with renoise and V2 is that V2 does not record v2m correctly when I’m using automation of VST, choosing parametres of V2 and so on… when Renoise plays the track, the sound is changing, but V2 doesn’t record that…

Managed to get a little trance-like tune out of this awesome synth.

No fancy effects though cause the only thing I could get working was the volume control (90 7F) and instrument preset switching (92 00)… so this is all preset instruments. It’s pretty easy if you get the hang of it though, and it helps if you got an external keyboard (like my CS1X) hooked up as well.

Anyways, a really powerful synth in a really small package :D

Here’s the packed .exe player (16kb): http://bastage.student.utwente.nl/music/tinyplayer.rar

I currently don’t have the v2m and rns at hand.

the synth hasn’t been updated yet?

it’s a pain in the arse changing programs via midi CC commands.

and the speech synth is pretty easy …

i am about to make a 32k music entry, but can’t be arsed changing programs via commands ;)

Yep! It seems that recently has been updated to version 1.5.

I´m testing right now and it works much better, all the interface changes work and also we can change programs without using midi.

Sounds very good, but it only has 63 presets.

The only part i couldn´t get to sound it´s the speech synth. Anybody ?
http://www.1337haxorz.de/drugs/farbrausch_v2_plugins_1.5.zip

By the way, what is the difference between the V2.dll and the V2 (single).dll ? both files seem equal to me.

• Klez

The single can be used as a traditional VST instrument; that is, place one (Single) VST in each instrument slot and each instrument behaves as a separate V2 synth. This is great for working in Renoise, exept that there is no “Record” button on the V2 (Single) external panel*. The other VST, the V2 “regular”, is a multi-timbral MIDI VST instrument, meaning only ONE instance of it must be used, and each track must issue MIDI CC commands (to this sole instrument) to set track channels, patch changes, etc. When this is done, all the song data is routed through one instance of the plugin, and the V2’s “Record” button will work.

• The record button inside the V2 “regular” panel saves the track data as a .v2m file, which can then (reportedly) be played using their C++ player software. This is a lot of work – if you only want to use the synth for making Renoise music, then use the (Single) instrument.

The speech synth is very tricky to use. I have had some luck programming it in Buzz after significant trial-and-error, but am still looking into the equivalent capability in Renoise. Buzz and Renoise have vastly different interfaces for MIDI CC events. There is an example vocal .xrns around here somewhere, but that was using the earlier version of the V2 (I think) and it doesn’t play quite right on the new version.

NEWSFLASH: “Apparently” Farbrausch had released a beta “BR404” VSTi synthesizer in December, although it has been very hush-hush about doing so. The author of the BR404, Benjamin »BeRo« Rosseaux, is claiming copyright of the code, however the code is DEFINITELY a fork of the V2 synth. (I checked in OllyDbg – once you get around the encryption, most of the code is a direct copy of the V2 engine!) Whether KB, the original author of the ViruzII synth knows of this is unknown… but if I were him, I’d be rather pissed off. (Also note, BeRo has been questioned before about his BeRoTracker project, which some were saying was a rip of ModPlug…)

In any case, if you want to check out the V2 synth with a bunch of (bloated) bells and whistles added to it, see:

http://www.farbrausch.de/br404/
http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=52346