[Fixed 2.8] Crash With Invalid Png Image File

Renoise didn’t seem to like one of my png files.
When i inspected it a bit more closely, it turned out to be a PDN file that i only saved with the png extension.

Ofcourse my mistake, but on the longer run when rerunning and reloading the tool, Renoise eventually crashes on it, i doubt that is the purpose…
Another thing is, i see a load of these image errors in the log-file, while the other png files loads perfectly fine. I don’t know if it is related.

Exception: Failed to load bitmap 'C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.0\Scripts\Tools\mytool.xrnx\images/tab_note_profile.png' (file failed to open, maybe no longer exists).  

ScriptingEngine: exception: 'Failed to load bitmap 'C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.0\Scripts\Tools\mytool.xrnx\images/tab_note_profile.png' (file failed to open, maybe no longer exists).'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: ?  
 [C]: in function '__newindex'  
 [string "do..."]:22: in function   
 .\gui_30.lua:107: in function 'visible_subtabs'  
 .\gui_30.lua:33: in function <.><br>
<br>
<br>
Application: Image Error! unknown bmp subtype with id 21060<br>
<br>
Application: Image Error! unknown bmp subtype with id 1998611815<br>
Application: Image Error! Error while opening TIFF: data is invalid<br>
<br>
Exception: Failed to load bitmap 'C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.EpicArpeggiator.xrnx\images/tab_note_profile.png' (file failed to open, maybe no longer exists).<br>
<br>```

<br>
<br>

```lua<br> vb:bitmap { mode = "body_color", bitmap = "images/tab_note_profile.png", notifier = function() end } <br>```

</.>

Can replicate the “file failed to open” errors here too with the file, but never managed to make Renoise crash this way. Could you give us a few more info on how to make it crash?

I have send the tool to you with instructions.
The trick seems to be to have a correct image loaded first and then change it with the faulty image from within the notifier or the routine that the notifier calls as soon as you click that image.