[fixed 3.2.2] OSX Catalina: crash opening an old XRNS song

Ouch, that’s not good, intermittent crash.

From what bit I can gather a Renoise 2.8 file (not sure if missing vsts is a thing or not) loading into Renoise 3.2.1 under OSX 10.14.6 (maybe something changed between version 10.13.4 to 10.14.6(?)…Don’t know if anybody else has around version 10.14.6 and cares to try your FKZM23.xrns, see if they can get a crash.)

Not much more I can say @centipus as I don’t run OSX. Obviously the real person who has got to reproduce your crash is @taktik.

That’s weird indeed. I can also only reproduce this on OSX Catalina and there it also only happens sometimes. So far I’ve no idea what exactly causes it.

The songs definitely should load though when you load them up in Renoise 3.1 and save them there (without modifying anything). Save a copy, in case you want to keep the originals for an older version of Renoise.

i’m actually on this version, and i can try loading tonight

I ve the same problem, also when i disable the VST (catalina MacOS)
@centipus - can you try this:

pi ( 4 4 retake good.xrns (778.9 KB)

2 Likes

for me it loads.
It takes like 10 seconds to load but it loads and plays all fine (mojave 10.14.6)
loads

Please post the Renoise.log

I get a crash here.
[edit: log file removed]

Thanks man.

1 Like

Thanks. Finally found the problem. Will be fixed in the next update.

@centipus @rotello If you guys need to open the song files right now, you can send them over to me in a private message. I’ll then convert them to a Renoise 3.2 format.

3 Likes

@Taktik Super!
I am very happy you find a solution, and so quick! respect!

Thanks for the offer to convert files, but I can wait for the update, no rush on my side!

ciao

rotello

1 Like

great news @taktik thanks for your hard work. and thanks to @rotello for following up on this. cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.