Sync problems with FL20 plugin in Renoise

FL has nice plugin, something like FL in other DAW-s. Unfortunately it works bad - is completely out of sync (sometimes less, sometimes more). Is kind of ok when plugin small window is open and starts play unevenly, some notes faster, some with delay.

Anyone try it?

1 Like

I have had the same experience w/ it. :frowning:

I wonder if it’s a good place to write about bugs anyway. Do admins ever answering here?

This is all very vague. Could you please give us a little more guidance on when exactly this happens and how to replicate it? Does this only happen in Renoise and not in other hosts?

Please also report this to the Fruity Loops crew. Maybe this is a know limitation or bug in FL20?

Yes, it happens in Renoise.

In Cakewalk it works fine, as well as in Magix.

Test video: https://www.xtdmusic.eu/download/FLtest.mp4

It works a little better when plugin window is shown.

Does it work better if plugin sandboxing in Renoise is disabled?

Sandboxing in Renoise implies that the plugin runs on a buffered, fixed-size sample buffer. Maybe the plugin can’t handle that.

Also, the FL plugin itself is already implemented as a “sandbox” to the main Fruity Loops application, so the double sandboxing might cause weird things.

If this doesn’t help, please report this to the Fruity Loops developers. There’s no way to find out why the sync doesn’t work for this particular plugin. If it’s a bug in Renoise and they can tell us exactly what the problem is, we’ll be happy to fix it.

Don’t really know - maybe it’s a little better but still not good.
Anyway - it’s just something I wanted to report, but I am not a big fan of FL anyway, so it’s not functionality I wanted to use. More like I wanted to show it to someone who uses FL. :slight_smile:

Seems to work fine here with the latest version of Fl Studio in windows 10, no issues, but I’m just testing some basic syncing functionality real quick (some drum patterns in Fl running along side a break in Renoise), don’t have much experience syncing full fledge songs with heavier cpu loads.

What version of Fl studio/renoise are you running, OS etc?

Are we talking about the same? I am talking about using FL plugin in Renoise.
If you want to test it proper - just enter equal lenght notes one by one and check if they’re playing right. Like in my video.

Yes, I’ve tested the fl studio vst plugin in renoise, no sync issues here.

Lucky you. Don’t know, maybe show me a video - it will always help to see if you test it proper. For now it works for you and not working for me and one more person who confirm it.

But as I said - it’s not very important for me. It would be nice if it works, but that’s it.

I’m on Fl Studio 21 btw, perhaps you need to bite the bullet and upgrade.

I tried demo - new version of plugin, works the same.
Still see no video from you.

It is a known issue. The FL20 plugin has a workaround in the user manual. I think it says to leave at least a measure empty within the host or in the fl playlist

Here you go;

used wasapi drivers in Renoise, I notice the first note is sometimes not triggered. This issue isn’t there when using asio drivers in Renoise, but then I can’t record the audio in OBS :slight_smile:

I don’t screen record often, but used OBS for this, any glitching in the visuals is due to my old pc having trouble running stuff at the same time I think. With asio drivers and no OBS it is much smoother

Well, if you test it like that, you may not even hear there is a problem. From 0:40 you can hear (or not) that some notes are delayed a little. Put sound every 4 lines and some plugin directly from Renoise in another track (also every 4 lines) then you can test it proper.

Also - if you have somewhere plugin window (that small one) opened, then close it.

If I have time, I’ll try it tonight, @icasiino mentioned it being a known issue with the first note being missed and a workaround in the fl studio manual, so it sounds like a plugin problem in that regard, where creating some kind of empty pre pattern before trigger start will fix it.

I already tried looping a kick pattern in renoise togethrr with a sound in fl studio and got no issues, I’ll try if opening the little vsti window will introduce drifting.

What @icasiino mentioned is a different problem.
And, as I said, it’s not so important anyway.