Folders For The Vst Plugins Directory In Renoise.

I think that the way fruityloops does it would work well for everyone. you get to choose your favorite handful of synths and dsp’s, and if you want to mess around with some fresh stuff, it’s there as well - only you have to dig a little deeper in the menus.

so you are that Dezacrator, i wondered if you are… and yeah, i was suggesting feature like that years ago, who can find right plugin among hundreds of others in that tiny window? not me, endless scrolling for the right plugin is waste of time…

Not just you my friend. So say ye one, so say we all. Some file structure in Renoise plugins would make my day, if not my year.

folder options would also help me a lot. I have 1000’s of vsts without any system… :blink:

I renamed some of my vst so if i type c.( c+.) in the search, all my most used compressors will show,(o.) = overdrive, (r.)= reverb. Its not all dll’s that will work when renamed but most of mine will…

there should be a random choice button in the vst(i) selection windows :wink:

as much as I hate the “most used entries”-way the windows startmenu is organized (until you turn it off), I would like such a way inside renoise or a way to add some plugs into some kind of favourates-list.

Haha, excellent!

It would be sweet if it somehow picked vsts that are least used.

This would be a great addition for the new Renoise Update :smiley:

Is there a possibility to extract the names of the vst´s maybe from a renoise config file (or other solution)? i need a textfile with the names to make better categories and do (kvr-) research…

Is there a possibility to extract the names of the vst´s maybe from a renoise config file (or other solution)?

Possibility? Use SQLite3 command line to query the CachedVSTs*.db database file?

http://sqlitebrowser.org

Just Admit that U still luvin #Renoise, as u spendin so much Time in here; what if U get ur beloved #Update…as a fine little X-Mas - Gift :ph34r:

http://sqlitebrowser.org

I suggested this as well. The search feature is redundant unless you moved a file and need to find it again

You can organize your plugins in a tree structure yourself in the plugin list. It is a bit of tricky andimpractical to use, but it works. I organized all fx and all synths this way by type.

+1 for drag n drop

+1 for proper search, custom searchable tags

+1 for custom color coding

1 Like

up!