Freezing NI Polyplex Plugin

Hi everyone,

I have been wondering about how to freeze the NI Polyplex Plugin. I figured it would be trickier than other kinds of VSTs, since it is a pretty complex sampler that uses multiple layers per drum “pad.” Each pad includes four possible layers of sound, and each layer can be tweaked (panning, volume, pitch, start location, etc.).

When I froze the plugin in Renoise, I set “Step=1” and used the range C-0 to B-9. When it finished loading, only a few samples from Polyplex were actually used, and the rest of the keys were empty. Additionally, the freezing erased all the layered organization from Polyplex.

I don’t really think using the freeze function is the best way of going about what I want to do. My main goal is to be able to lay down my tracks using Polyplex and then render the notes as audio samples so that I can edit them further in Renoise using sample commands. Does anybody know of a good way to get there?

Another thought is to record audio samples of each pad directly from Polyplex and load them into Renoise. There are only eight pads overall. Perhaps that’s just the simplest way. Maybe I should just stick to samples for Renoise…afterall, that’s what it’s best at. But I thought I would give this a try.

Thanks!

all keys are blank because there is no samples in polyplex, it contains only 8 samples from i guess c-5 to c-6 without black keys. if you really like polyplex sounds i suggest you to render plugin with maximum opened decay, then adjust decay, pitch, and whatever in sampler modulation tab, baybe add dry wet to reverb or delay and so on to macro controls, and you will get pretty much control over your instrument

all keys are blank because there is no samples in polyplex, it contains only 8 samples from i guess c-5 to c-6 without black keys. if you really like polyplex sounds i suggest you to render plugin with maximum opened decay, then adjust decay, pitch, and whatever in sampler modulation tab, baybe add dry wet to reverb or delay and so on to macro controls, and you will get pretty much control over your instrument

By “render plugin with maximum opened decay,” do you mean that I should set the Sample Options to the highest possible amount? I’m not sure how else to interpet that o.O

I have it pictured here:

Untitled_zpszoln2mxv.jpg