Glitch 2

(dblue) #110

All prices were sourced directly from the manufacturer’s website, and were accurate at the time of posting. I provided links to all the product pages, so you can easily double check this yourself. When the manufacturer did not provide prices in both €EUR and $USD currencies, I used www.xe.com to convert the currency and labelled all such conversions with “roughly …”

Of course there may be special offers from time to time, seasonal sales, group buys, cheap used copies for sale on KvR, and so on. But I don’t think there’s much point in listing sale prices in such a comparison, is there? You may be waiting forever for such a sale price to resurface, and may never get the same bargain again. So if you wanted to buy any of those products brand new today, the prices I listed are what you’re most likely to pay.

(Daed) #111

On the topic of additional effects, will there ever be any sorts of spectral/FFT effects added?

(dblue) #112

I’m not really a big enough DSP guru to write such stuff from scratch myself, but I could potentially take a look at existing FFT libraries and see what nifty things can be done.

I doubt I could ever compete with the psychedelic weirdness of Darrel Barrel’s DtBlkFx, though :)

(Daed) #113

I’m a selfish Linux-using bastard with pretty shoddy (mostly python) coding knowledge and zero DSP knowledge.

Closest thing I get to DTBLKFX is FreqTweak. :P

(dangayle) #114

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but any timing on when the shuffler effect will be returned to Glitch?

(E.J.) #115

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but any timing on when the shuffler effect will be returned to Glitch?

I just dug up this thread to ask the same :slight_smile: ?

(Blaster) #116

There’s a new update and the shuffler effect is back.

(E.J.) #117

There’s a new update and the shuffler effect is back.

And it sounds better than ever! The whole plugin is just next level! Spectacular work Dblue :dribble:

(pyc) #118

I’m trying to sync Renoise and Glitch2 so when the pattern in Renoise starts, I want Glitch2 to also start from the beginning. Now it’s starts somewhere from the middle, and it seems that If I move notes in the pattern, the starting position in Glitch2 moves too, but I want the first position in pattern to be synced to starting position in Glitch2’s sequencer. Hope I explained well, someone please help me?

Thanks!

(The Empty Self) #119

i dont know if i can explain this well enough but its the same with effetrix in FL or any daw it seems that the clock of the vst syncs with the one in the daw so its reading the position in beats bar etc and the current position of your arrangement i dont know if that makes sense

if this is corrent if you play the beginning of the song starting from the 1st bar it should play from the beginning ! right ?

(pyc) #120

Yes, I’ve tried to make one empty song and setup the Glitch2 VST alias first, and it plays everything from the beginning… But the one track I’m working on won’t play from the beginning, and I’m introducing Glitch2 somewhere in the middle of a track.

(Bungle) #121

So is the development on this plugin as dead as Renoise now, I have emailed support and just been ignored, this really needs more than 4 beats on the retrigger transitions and more than 8 beats on the sequence too, could really do with more than 16 presets in a ban too.
Have these guys abandoned all their audio software now ?

(lilith) #122

I don’t know about Glitch, but RENOISE is for sure not dead.

(Bungle) #123

You do not know that for sure at all, unless you are Taktik, because other than one post that says he has time for Renoise, two months ago, nothing, until there is a release you know nothing for sure.

(dblue) #124

If you need more precise timing sync, then I would probably recommend using Glitch’s “Gate” or “Latch” trigger modes instead.

Every scene in Glitch is linked to one of the 128 available MIDI notes, so when you send a MIDI note into Glitch it will trigger the start of that particular scene.

Insert Glitch as an effect on the desired track as usual, then create a new instrument in Renoise with a VST FX Alias that links to that instance of Glitch. Now when you play notes on that instrument, it will trigger the scene in Glitch to start from the beginning.

Add the trigger notes to your song at any desired position in time, and your Glitch scenes should sync up perfectly.

Quick demo song: dblue-2019-03-16-glitch-midi-demo.xrns (216.2 KB)

(dblue) #125

I’m sorry for the delay in my email response. Development is not dead, I’m just taking a break from things at the moment, as I have more important personal issues going on in my life right now. I do intend to get back to it eventually, though. That’s all I can really say at this point.

(Bungle) #126

Well at least you are honest, time to move on.

(pyc) #127

Thanks a lot! Will try that.

(dblue) #128

Don’t miss the demo .XRNS I posted in my reply above. Should get you up and running :slight_smile:

(Meef Chaloin) #129

Guess I’ll take the bait.
Why does that response mean moving on?