'Go to pattern row xx' global command?

In oldschool trackers there were a feature which could make the playback jump into any pattern. I’m wondering how to do this in Renoise and it seems tricky. Is this missing/upcoming feature or am I doing it wrong?

Also, now if I manually want to jump into another pattern while the playback is on, Renoise waits until the end of currently playing pattern before going to the one I clicked. Of course this is a nice feature for live playback, but what if I actually want to trigger the pattern immediately, starting from the top of the pattern?

In oldschool trackers there were a feature which could make the playback jump into any pattern.

Check out the global commands.

You can use ZBxx to break out of the current pattern and jump to line xx of the next pattern in the sequence.

if I manually want to jump into another pattern while the playback is on, Renoise waits until the end of currently playing pattern before going to the one I clicked.

Try double-clicking the sequence number instead and it will instantly jump to that pattern.

ZBxx only jumps to the next pattern in the sequence. I’m looking for the ability to jump to any pattern in the sequence. Or actually, it would be great if Renoise would provide basic repeat or evenSegnofunctionality in global commands. Now it’s possible to repeat only one selection of patterns in the sequence.

Double clicking indeed does the thing I’m looking for. But in live situation it would be great to be able to map this into a midi key.

ZBxx only jumps to the next pattern in the sequence. I’m looking for the ability to jump to any pattern in the sequence.

Too bad, that is not possible with renoise. Its a missing command and also a reason why several MOD song files cant be played correctly directly in renoise.

@dblue: Is there any specific reason, why this command is missing?

+1 for implementing a ‘jump to line in pattern’ command. this would allow for some VERY unique markov chain-based compositions :slight_smile: