I would look into the Emu 1616m for sure!!
- Mastering-grade 24-bit, 192kHz converters - the same A/D converters used in Digidesign’s flagship ProTools HD I/O Interface
- Ultra-portable MicroDock M offers flexible connectivity with 16 audio inputs, 16 outputs plus 16 channels of MIDI I/O, everything from balanced analog and turntable inputs to ADAT and S/PDIF (swithable to AES/EBU) for seamless integration with your entire studio
- 2 premium TFPro mic preamps with Mic/Line/Hi-Z inputs with 60dB of gain/attenuation and 48V phantom power.
- E-DSP 32-bit Multi-effects Processor offers you over 20 hardware- accelerated effects (over 600 presets) with no CPU overhead - plug-in architecture allows you to add new effects as needed
32 channels of zero latency hardware mixing/monitoring with super-flexible virtual patchbay - no external mixer needed
- Production Tools Bundle includes Cubase LE, Wavelab Lite, Ableton Live 4 Lite, AmpliTube LE, T-RackS EQ, Minnetonka diskWelder Bronze and Proteus X LE Desktop Sound Module.
cant go wrong,best audio card you can buy in that price range,(pc or notebook),
I use a 1820m for the pc(same converters and simaler audio dock) its flawless,works like a dream with renoise and sounds damn amazing,and you get the nice PacthMix DSP,which is a very powerfull piece of software with 100’s of DSP FX,which IMO sound alot better then most VST FX.(and i sold my 16 channel makie desk soon after i got the card!)