hardware synth/MIDI question

Hello!

Could someone answer or point me to a thread to a solution for my question which is:

How can I use different sounds from my hardware synth in individual tracks?

I mean that when I play notes thru MIDI to Track 01 with sound A selected and to Track 02 with sound B selected, Renoise changes sound B to both tracks 01 and 02.

Generally, if using different patches simultaneously on multitimbral hardware you need to use different midi channels for each patch. Maybe, I misunderstand you and my answer is irrelevant, as usual.

Thanks for the answer. It seems to be that I have to record each track to audio because my synth is monotimbral.

Hm, you want to change the instrument based on the track that you are in?

I think you can simply enable the “Auto capture instrument from pattern” option in Renoise.

post-1028-0-10158200-1336475695.png

Note: for this to have any effect, you need to have some notes in the track first…

Alternatively, you can route a specific MIDI channel to each instrument you want to control.

To do this, you can go into the MIDI tab and select your keyboard among the MIDI inputs

(this setting is applied on a per-instrument basis, so if your keyboard supports switching channels this might be interesting…)

Unless your hardware can output different sounds simultaneously through different physical outputs (or you have more than one synth) connected to different physical inputs of your computers soundcard, you’ll have to render each track/sound to have them play back simultaneously afterwards. Now wonder why softsynths, where you can use as many instances as you want, are so popular…

there is a big latency when u use loopback, only if you use hardwares work good. if u put samples and vst all things get whorse

Hello!

Could someone answer or point me to a thread to a solution for my question which is:

How can I use different sounds from my hardware synth in individual tracks?

I mean that when I play notes thru MIDI to Track 01 with sound A selected and to Track 02 with sound B selected, Renoise changes sound B to both tracks 01 and 02.

Thank you for all the replies!

Do any of you use this method to record tunes with your synth?

How easy/complicated it is to record every track to audio first until you can continue using new instrument in your tune? What is your workflow if you want to keep your midi notes for later changes?

I’m just asking because I’m thinking of registering Renoise and rendering seems to be disabled in demo version.