Help: paste above without deleting the composed in Pattern Matrix

I have a question within the Pattern Matrix…

Is there any option to paste a copied track over another without erasing what’s already there? (With Ctrl + V,paste the copied erasing the compound.)

To a large extent I would do the following (in Pattern Matrix): A example

1. Select 4 frames in column 1.
  2. Copy the selected.
  3. Place in the desired position in column 2 or more below column 1, with frames already composed (not empty).
  4. –> Paste above, without erasing the compound previously

The normal paste (Ctrl + V) eliminates all columns of note within each track. If there is any note in a specific place has priority him copied…

Thanks!

You mean, like mix-paste in the pattern editor (Advanced Edit) ?

Unfortunately that doesn’t apply to the matrix, no :frowning:

Yes, a mix-paste. Yesterday I composed a piece of piano and I longed this function “mix-paste” in Pattern Matrix (I did not know what to call it).Could you add in the future?

In the Pattern Editor you can be done (the “mix-paste”)?

Thanks!

I think I do not explain well. In Pattern Matrix the Mix-paste not possible (it would be great to be!!! …work is advanced of this form…)

Apart, in Pattern Editor is not there a similar command “Ctrl + V” to mix-paste?I mean two commands, both:

1. Ctrl+V normal paste
  2. Ctrl+? mix-paste (for example:“Ctrl+Shift+V” or “Ctrl+M”…)

In Advanced Pattern Editor Operations checking the box “Mix-Paste”, the normal pastedisappears and becomes in mix-paste. It would be great to have the two options without dealing with the box. Really I do not know if this is possible now.

But it would be a better idea to add in the forum of ideas and suggestions…

Edit:

Upsss “Ctrl+Shift+V” is “Hide Volume Column”… “Ctrl+M” show Midi Panel…The issue is that there is the possibility of adding the command in the preferences for “mix-paste”.

I’d simply like the ‘advanced pattern editor operations’ to work in the pattern matrix too. Not all operations make sense using inside the PM, but many do. Maybe it should change the content whenever PM is in focus?

I’d simply like the ‘advanced pattern editor operations’ to work in the pattern matrix too. Not all operations make sense using inside the PM, but many do. Maybe it should change the content whenever PM is in focus?

In this case there are two things that could be done, at least:

1. Add an additional command for “mix-paste” in Pattern Editor,instead of activating the box “mix-paste” in Advanced Pattern Editor Options
  2. Add an additional command for “mix-paste” in Pattern Matrix (it may be the same command as above). Or the box"mix-paste" in Advanced Pattern Editor Options also serves to Pattern Matrix.

The simplest would be to have the 2 commands in both and ready, one for normal paste and other for mix-paste.I do not understand why this is not thought so.

The question is, why there is no command to mix-paster in Pattern Editor and Patter Matrix also? I see a basic issue…

The question is, why there is no command to mix-paster in Pattern Editor and Patter Matrix also? I see a basic issue…

Not just mix-paste - there could be keyboard shortcuts for pretty much all AE operations - even if unassigned by default.

Just take the “interpolate” thread hereas an example: interpolating values via CTRL+I is second nature…

Not just mix-paste - there could be keyboard shortcuts for pretty much all AE operations - even if unassigned by default.

I do not see why.For example, personally, I do not use "Ctrl + Shift + V"to hide the column volume, but Renoise has this function.However, a command to mix-paste is not available.At least it would be great to be a user choice, setting in his “Preferences/Keys/Pattern Editor” and “Preferences/Keys/Pattern Matrix”.

If it were possible to assign a command to mix-paste,I would use the command Ctrl + Shift + V (or Ctrl + F) in my personal settings.If the command is not predetermined, at least it was a possible choice.

The example of Ctrl+F:

• “Mix-paste”: “Ctrl+F”… The “F” key is above of the “V” key,is easy to remember… I think it would be useful and fast, both the Pattern Editor and Pattern Matrix.

It’s just something that seems to be missing. Ctrl+P is Paste below. Then:

1. Ctrl+V normal paste
  2. Ctrl+P below paste
  3. Ctrl+F mix paste (why not?)

The letter does not matter, the issue is to be available in the preferences.