Viewbuilder bitmap. Stretch the image?

Is it possible to stretch the image using bitmap?I do not know if I’ve missed something… This would be great for creating easily colored semitransparent layers.Is there any way to do this?

The idea would be to create a semitransparent and colored PNG image of 1x1 pixels and with Viewbuilder to stretch it.This is especially useful if you want to cover a considerable area.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I requested something similar here: https://forum.renoise.com/t/the-api-wishlist-thread/29285

However… given that you can crop a view, and use negative spacing to place images seamlessly, it seems like it should be possible to make your own class that handles the repetition of an image in a defined area.

I requested something similar here: https://forum.renoise.com/t/the-api-wishlist-thread/29285

However… given that you can crop a view, and use negative spacing to place images seamlessly, it seems like it should be possible to make your own class that handles the repetition of an image in a defined area.

Wow, it had not occurred to me to create a class and iterate with it to cover the height and width of an area with 1x1 pixels. I’m talking about covering areas of at least 3000 pixels high by about 2000 wide. I suppose that enlarging the starting image will speed up the process. I do not know if this will be very agile.

I would have to create a new tool to test this in particular.So, I infer that the API does not bring anything concrete to solve this case.It is a pity!

Thanks for the idea!

Will Taktik keep this kind of requests in mind? I think if he took all these good suggestions his software would improve a lot…

I did notice that GUI-redrawing became sluggish when placing buttons on top of larger bitmaps (piano roll notes on zebra stripes) - and especially panning/redrawing such a GUI. Since you had to use a very large bitmap to make sure that the cropped area was completely filled, and there are quite a lot of notes in a piano roll. Filling the area with 10x10 (or 20x20?) bitmaps SHOULD indeed optimize it by many factors. If it’s possible, which I think it is.

I do believe the team keeps an eye on the API feature request thread, but I can imagine that there are a lot of features in Renoise that have higher priority than API additions - especially when these are of the more ‘luxurious’ kind. Then again, there are probably a few updates that could be made relatively easy, so maybe we will get some small blessings? :slight_smile: