HOw are redux sales figures ?

Most trackers disappeared completely because of absolute lack of interest.

New stuff in development also goes down a very different route.

But then again, who the *** cares?!?!

And also it’s always the same hardcore-warriors here that just can’t accept the fact that this is a niche-software you are using…

No matter if it’s Redux or Renoise. Theese will never go mainstream. Ever. Deal with it…

And that’s 100% okay. I really don’t get what your f****n problem is with this…

It’s the same nonsense the Bitwiggis are always crying about over at KVR, so that this must be the best DAW of all DAWs in the world so that they are

happy to use it. And it also not. Far from it…At least for a lot of people. And that’s ooooookaaaay…

Twice interesting, because Bitwiggis also love to post cat-pictures. Never have seen this nonsense on LogicProHelp, duc.Avid, motunation, sensomusic forum, ableton forum,

or anywhere else… Now go figure…

I am done here…

And here goes the typical fanboy bashing. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are clearly reading a bit much into what i said. I don’t want Renoise to become mainstream at all, i like ithe fact that it’s a niche product, but i still need it for my work, so if development would sease because of lack of interest and financial issues then that would made me sad. That’s all.

It wasn’t me asking for figures, i don’t care about that, let the guys have something for themselves is my thought. All i care about is that all is well and that there’s nothing to worry about.

I don’t see why you need to get so upset over this and behave unpolite and unfriendly over nothing? Yeah, well, everyone has a bad day sometimes i guess…

The reason I asked was because I was interested if they made some money out of it , which I really hope they did

Maybe hire some freelance dsp wizard programmers…

@ tl one …;I think you missed the point …

Maybe that’s an irrelevant point, but whenever topic like this emerges I wonder what is the point? Who cares if the software gets popular or not? As long as it works for you and is actively maintained, you should be happy, no?

I care that it works and does what I need it to do, even if I use it once a year. Whether it gets popular adoption, is really no issue of mine.

Maybe cynical, but that’s how I see it.

Sure …

I just wanted to know if the developers considered it a waste of time/effort or not …

This has absolutely no influence on how I use software , despite what some other hot shots here try to prove

Popular or not I couldn’t care less , I am not a teen :slight_smile: .

Stupid topic after all , might ass wel close it

Sure, I hope you did not take offense :slight_smile:

I think the devs knew it will be niche. I think Redux is sweet. People like me were probably part of the target audience - Renoise users, who are looking to incorporate some of the features into other DAWs (or in other words make songs portable, in a way).

Renoise is niche and they keep maintaining it for years.

No offence taken .

No disrespect mean’t here to anybody, but comparing Redux to even the free samplers that are available, well that is just utterly silly, it can’t even compete with free samplers in a hell of a lot of ways, that was never the point, the developers knew about the free samplers, they knew about the payware samplers, they chose to go ahead and develop the sampler, thats that.

Redux will never have a large selection of libraries, it is not designed to run large libraries or indeed support scripting

Redux will never be well known as a quick on the fly sampler, it is too complicated in many areas, so it can never compete with quick drop to pad samplers ala Poise and so on

Redux came out at the same time as another plugin from a very well respected developer that copied the character of various older samplers, so it can’t compete on the sound character basis

The list goes on and on and on and on, in fact the only thing it has that is unique, is very much the tracker interface, which after all is said and done is what Renoise are known for, a tiny niche company that sticks with an outdated paradigm for a tiny niche market, but within this niche market they have zero competition, so it is (Sort of) a safe place to be, but does not foster forward thinking or forward development.

I actually use Redux as a quick on the fly sampler in Reaper. I think it works rather well for drums. Just load a template with empty slots (http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/339-drumpads/) and put in samples.

I actually use Redux as a quick on the fly sampler in Reaper. I think it works rather well for drums. Just load a template with empty slots (http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/339-drumpads/) and put in samples.

I actually use a bar of soap to run down the edges of wooden doors after it has been raining a lot, stops them warping and sticking, you can buy the proper stuff to do the job, but this works pretty much hahahah

Point being, while it can of course do on the fly sample loading (I never said it couldn’t) reality is that it pales in comparison to something like Poise (By its very nature designed for that particular task) but then Redux is so so so so much more powerful than Poise, this is the quandary of Redux.

Not as fast as the fast sample engines, but has more features.

Doesn’t have as many features as the big sample engines, but can be quite a bit easier/quicker to work with.

I actually use a bar of soap to run down the edges of wooden doors after it has been raining a lot, stops them warping and sticking, you can buy the proper stuff to do the job, but this works pretty much hahahah

Point being, while it can of course do on the fly sample loading (I never said it couldn’t) reality is that it pales in comparison to something like Poise (By its very nature designed for that particular task) but then Redux is so so so so much more powerful than Poise, this is the quandary of Redux.

Not as fast as the fast sample engines, but has more features.

Doesn’t have as many features as the big sample engines, but can be quite a bit easier/quicker to work with.

Mmh, guess I should try Poise then. I only used Shortcircuit before and that did not have a faster workflow.

Poise is ridiculously fast using Reapers drag n drop to its pads, you can drag n drop from the browser and the timeline, on top of that the developer actually added a bunch of stuff supporting Reaper, so you can actually just save in Reaper and it will save all your Poise content to the Reaper Project folder haha

To be fair, i don’t really use it that much anymore, Maschine is doing most of my composition work here, it is mega fast up to the point you cant use it anymore (Layering in live recording/Mixing)