How to move sample in Phrase backward?

Hi, folks

Tell me please is it possible to move samples in Phrase backward? I mean the same function as Delay column but with “-”. I know that i can move sample to another track then set delay for a whole track in “-” ms. But this is a workflow killer for me.

Just simple thing like midi-notes in Pianoroll: You can move it forward/backward without any “Snap to the grid” settings.

I know that i can move sample to another track then set delay for a whole track in “-” ms.

I guess you mean line? You don’t have “tracks” in a phrase.

Edit: no wait, if you mean minuscule delay amounts this is simply done by showing the delay column (CMD/CTRL+D), You can set the delay for any note between 1 and 256/th of a line.

Also, check outAdvanced Editwhich has something called “nudge” which does exactly this. Nudges notes in the track/selection/etc. up or down by fractional amounts.

But I still don’t know if you mean notes inside the phrase or a phrase triggered in a pattern.

• If you want to delay ALL notes in the phrase, just delay the note in the pattern editorwhich trigger the phrase.

• If you want to delay only a single note in a phrase, do it from within the phrase.

Hm… That’s what i mean:

Screen_Shot_2016_05_13_at_8_00_52_PM.jpg

P.S. In Phrase Editor.

It’s still done with the delay column. We don’t have negative delay, so you just move it to the previous line and apply more delay.

Different approach, same result - try using AE nudge with a negative value to see what I mean.

Would be cool if we could drag a note-event (selection) in the pattern/phrase editor up/downwards with the mouse, while for example holding the shift key and have the delay values update/calculate in realtime for finer adjustments, apply negative delay.

AE works only in Pattern Editor. Move note to the previous line and apply more delay - not a logical thing, not intuitive at all.

Would be cool if we could drag a note-event (selection) in the pattern/phrase editor up/downwards with the mouse, while for example holding the shift key and have the delay values update/calculate in realtime for finer adjustments, apply negative delay.

That’s another wonderful suggestion that will never get implemented.