How to use an envelope to overcome the LFO rate limit, an old trick

apparently! :upside_down_face:

what other gems are you sitting on??

1 Like

Windowed sync :slight_smile: (which is the method used for the resonant waveform in the casio cz , the rest in the casio is phase distortion )
window sync 2.xrni (540.4 KB)
windowing fractalize.xrni (83.9 KB)

3 Likes

Very interesting!! Can you please explain how this works?
Guessing it has to do with a dc wave thru the AM sine filter, but, why/how/what’s going on here?

1 Like

The waveform in the sample editor acts as a windowing function ( can be a saw , triangl;e etc…) , the actual resonant peaks is a sine osc …I am using the ring mod effect .
The fiter sweep is done by modulating the pitch of the fing mod effect
I have far more and better stuff made in reaktor , the beauty of windowed sync is those harsh resoant sounds while there is actually no filtering going one at all
See " emulating a resonant filter ’ from the wiki phase distortion page

Made in reaktor simple audio examples
https://app.box.com/s/cgeaq1ufal51vernxg6fqbtccwi12e3m
https://app.box.com/s/b2to4bp2ckmywsbu1yyvwcc6kusfp6x1

3 Likes

Very cool. Thank you for sharing this technique! Having fun experimenting with it, and seems quite promising so far… Imagine it will makes its way into some productions :slight_smile:

That second reaktor example definitely gave me some Cylob vibes :metal:

I think so, and for sure I’m not skilled like you :smiley:

1 Like

Again you’re right, the minimum size to have a “consistent” loop is 10 ms (displayed) still fast enought for my taste.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us, your technique is brilliant

1 Like

I am a big Cylob fan
One of his latest L.P.s '54 minute mirage 'is awesome
He does almost everything in supercollider( at least the digital stuff ) ,
I am still learning it …it’s pretty damn hard …even ater a year

1 Like

Yeah, supercollider has a learning curve, for sure… One of these years I’ll read the book… got a copy sitting on the shelf! Was working with some SC tutorials a few years back, but didn’t keep with it. Renoise is too fun :upside_down_face:
Definitely dig on some Cylob tunes from time to time… I think Late in the Day was the last ep of his that I gave repeat listens… I’ll check out 54 minute mirage :+1:

Late in the day was , is awesome
All HAIL cylob !!
This is my favourite from 54 minute mirage

1 Like

With further experimentation, this FM/PM sort of modulation does some really interesting stuff, especially when paired with the MilkyWaves waveform generator. I’m using this primarily as a percussive sound generator. Not percussion, per se, but for buzzes/baps. To get some really interesting and quick sound results, the MilkyWaves generator will adjust quickly, especially when using the ‘Noise’ waveforms.

Writing this at 3:10 AM, so pardon my typing :smiley:

1 Like

And audio/video to share!

6 Likes

I have to try it looks interesting, thanx

2 Likes

Such a short loop and yet sounds awesome.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like