I guess you have problems with dragging workflow in Redux, DEVs.

So…

Here is a video about drag and drop samples from DAW’s browser. Situation is the same in Reaper and Bitwig (guess it will be the same in other hosts too).

You can’t drag and drop files one by one. They will exchange each other.

Click the plus sign on the left side in Redux to create a new sample slot first and it should work.

O! Now it works but… I don’t see any logic here because every time when i want to add new sample i need to click this “+” button.

Listen, Beatslaughter , can you, please, check this thing with Redux?https://forum.renoise.com/t/drag-samples-from-reapers-arrangement-into-redux/47058

This little imperfection annoyed me a bit so many times in Renoise… Breaks workflow of dragging. Dragging on below = new sample below - that would be intuitive.

Same for instruments slots.

The topic title is not really precise.

Changed! Thanks )

This little imperfection annoyed me a bit so many times in Renoise… Breaks workflow of dragging. Dragging on below = new sample below - that would be intuitive.

Same for instruments slots.

Agreed. Hope this get fixed in the next update.

If you want to quickly drop multiple samples the best way currently is holding CTRL and selecting the files in the source browser you want one by one, then drag them all in at once and it will create multiple slots automatically. It get’s a little confusing if you want to repeat this operation, then the last selected sample slot will be overwritten by a new sample and the rest is appended. In this case you need to click that plus sign once for a new sample slot first, then drag the new bunch in. Probably not ideal this.

Yes, anything that helps the fast workflow is welcome. I think in both cases it should work the same, preassigning a slot automatically.I have been immersed with the LUA code, and it has helped me to understand many things that I did not know before.

When you program the code, it actually works in steps.When you drag from Renoise’s internal browser, are programmed to do this:

1. Insert always at the end a empty slot, it is necessary, logically.
  2. Add the entrained sample in this slot.

All in one intern function. When you drag from the operating system browser, the first step is not.

All functions are designed to make life easier to the human being, since they are written by a human being. Only some are not complete or not updated, obtaining the best solution.Renoise has a lot of details like that, with details that can be improved.

What I miss most about Renoise or Redux is that it does not have multiplier type buttons.For example:

1. Button for inserting 8 tracks
  2. Button for inserting 12 instrument slots
  3. Button for inserting 16 patterns divided into 4 sections.
  4. Things like that…

At least in this case you can do what says Beatslaughter.Just the keyzones is one of the poorest areas along with the automation editor.There will be further complaints…It is what happens when something is incomplete.

Agreed. Hope this get fixed in the next update.

Many things are expected.

As taktik said:

You should assume that “nothing directly to do with Renoise” refers to the whole Renoise/Redux family, since they are very tightly linked.

It’s something else that’s being worked on: something non-Renoise, non-Redux.

Make yourself a template with all the instruments added already.