I Quit Facebook.

wow. now that’s deep :blink: facebook is a “self-organizing data collection system” alright… but surely that must be coincidence <_<

hey wait, hang on, you know what? screw it. just because I already put stuff in there, doesn’t mean I have to put in even more. just because my or any other gov might sniff ISP traffic and build such profiles from raw connection data (let’s face it, that’s the jackpot, and compared to that even facebook and google would be very, very little fish)… why directly give it to people who are confirmed assholes? so yeah, I guess I’m going to quit facebook, too. not right now since I wanna exchange some email addresses first, but definitely soon. I have one group there that I’d like to keep in existance… but besides making others admin I also have another account which isn’t a real person and can handle that. so yeah, thanks for bringing that up :D

oh, and do you have a link for what you quoted? I wanna collect some stuffs and rant, and this seems super interesting ^.^

Well, it’s old news circa 2007 but here’s a link.

I personally like to think, one day,after decades of not going on, i’ll be able to log into facebook and have hours of nostalgia perusing ancient photos/forgotten times or reading through stupid shit i posted when i was 20 something…
If i leave facebook, i wont delete it…i’ll just not log on anymore…

It’s good to know you can actually supposedly delete your account now. Like I said, when I left Facebook, there was no such option.

I’ve mellowed a bit, and I still very much like interacting with friends on facebook, the rest I simply hit ignore. Just relax, go as deep as you need to.

I absolutely LOVE twitter. I’ve got two accounts now, one personal and one for my new production business:

@mr_mark_dollin
@stormformer

More soon…

If you love Twitter then you’ll absolutely sexually harass NULLWHORE!

You accept my openid, then you deny my registration? That’s just rude :(

It’s invite only, do you want an account? I’ll add your email then.

Can’t say I’ve actually looked into it but a friend of mine who hates Facebook (I say that but he does have an account on there and I chat to him at times through it) has recently been trying to promote Diaspora, a social network but based around open source ideas blah blah etc… To be honest I haven’t really got around to looking into it properly myself but it may be of interest to some.

http://joindiaspora.com/