I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Really cool !

1 Like
4 Likes

It’s really great! Listening to this I thought a track like this would super nice with vocals too!

1 Like

Interesting, the mixed version sounds eons better. Very nice tune, btw.

1 Like

made this one for the sine wave challenge… All sounds synthesized from sine waves using stock renoise dsp

2 Likes

Direct copypasta from Dire Straits - "Sultans of swing" by 2 guys in Montréal posted a few minutes ago – if i may :grin:

Uploaded this to youtube a few months ago, but it was made around summer of last year. We had a little get-together / talent show on zoom, this was one of the songs i worked on. Was made just for fun, but we got a lot of good comments about it!

Tracking (drums/synth) bass and one guitar part by me, vocals and other guitar by my good buddy Enzo.

/* edit */ totally forgot to mention i played bass on this :rofl: :laughing:

________ (separate post) ________

Oh also there’s a video on our channel of a piano piece by Yanni called “One man’s dream”, this was also done using Renoise but only as a host for Pianoteq and Zyn, not doing any tracking/sequencing. Fwiw,

Those are the only 2 videos there for now, but more to come in the following days/weeks, hence me being here & annoying y’all again :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Worth mentioning, the 2nd one was done VERY last minute :open_mouth: …PC was still uploading when i went to friends house just before the evening on zoom!!!

5 Likes

whoaaaa beats my previous attempt at something like this (schism tracker, using ONLY a squarewave, when i was somewhat “participating” in schism’s development) …mine sounded like an old 8bit nintendo, or sega md/genesis FM synth at best!!

still managed to make a decent bass drum sound, heavy snare/toms etc. with quick ramp-downs and some (very basic, IT/schism) filtering… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: was never able to make a decent hh sound tho.

2 Likes

Nice guitar playing, too! What is this model? Is it expensive?

Well that turned out fantastic!!Say at around 1.09 how did you make that sound/arp whatever it is?

1 Like

Man that piano playing… so emotional i am about to cry thanks for posting this

Man that lead line you played it perfectly!!So in and out of tune but fits to the track.

Thanks!

pretty simple… 3 sine waves tuned as a minor triad, amp decay ~300ms, LP filter closing ~roughly the same, run thru a few FX tied to macros - mostly dry signal is what you hear. Repeater as track FX for stutters

edit: here 'tis if you want to check it out house stab.xrni (10.9 KB)

2 Likes

A collaboration of Garf and me:

The style is based on my Synthwave stuff and Garf added Garf magic to it. It turned out that it’s a perfect fit, he used things I would never had used if I would have made the song completely on my own. It was my first collaboration project and it was pretty fun fiddling around the last couple of evenings. It’s also very interesting to see how other guys are handling Renoise and creating music. I’ve learned something, thank you! I think “Instr. MIDI Control” will be one of my friends in future. :slightly_smiling_face:
Mix by me, mastering by Garf. Hope you like it.

5 Likes

Great mix and mastering.Now about the composition its self i didnt like it… I LOVED IT!!!.Easily one of the best tracks posted here.

2 Likes

That little headless guitar has a history… it was originally a Hohner G3-T in very bad shape. Believe it or not, i bought it 4 or 5 years ago in a garage sale, it had been rotting in an attic for about 30 years. The guy was asking $30 canadian for it :astonished: When i was examining the bridge, (stock) pickups etc. he said ok $20 it’s yours. Pulled out the $ and walked away with it before he changed his mind :joy::joy:

How it appears in that video is the first rebuild that i did after acquiring it, with the original fingerboard. However the wood was dried up and deformed from decades of season changes etc. so my frets were starting to pop out. Around the end of last year, after using it in a few projects (including this one) i completely stripped it down, put a new fingerboard & frets etc etc… now only the neck-through “carcass” and parts of the bridge are (somewhat) original. I still have > 20 hours of footage i have to go through to make a youtube video of rebuild v2.0 :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: Kind of scrapped parts of the ending solo, didn’t have time to redo a decent take.

1 Like

Really fancy - Can you link that video?

Nice ! I’m curious, what did you use “inst midi control” for ?

Hello again friends! Long time no see.

A short burst of aggression. Scraping and scratching, with a nod to Nine Inch Nails.

Feedback is always welcome.

2 Likes

I’m starting some jungle track in renoise.

7 Likes