I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

I know what you mean man, I think it’s normal for most non-native English speakers to have American accents because of the USA’s dominance especially in media and film etc. Although the Texas / Pennsylvania confusion is a weird one…!

Not really - I speak mostly my family’s dialect (Badisch) but with a Bavarian / Tirolean twang as that’s where I first started speaking German as a dominant language in day-to-day life. However my Scouse affects it and a lot of native German speakers immediately assume I’m Dutch or Belgian or something (I speak OK Flemish too for what it’s worth, not very fluently though).

That’s an interesting mix of language influences.

True. But especially in Germany everything is dubbed, there is no media, film or similar in english. And when I was in school my teacher tried to force me to speak british english. It wasn’t allowed to speak american english. I did it anyway, nobody got hurt. I cannot ignore what I’ve learned. The only british thing I do is to call Fußball football and not soccer. :wink:

1 Like

do you have any good mix tutorials? that would help me a lot
also, I was making music in openmpt before, so I think that’s why you seem that

1 Like

I am the last person to give you mixing advice but i can recommend this YouTube channel here https://www.youtube.com/c/Producelikeapro/search?query=mixing.A professional not some kids trying to get views and subscribers .The internet is full of people who know it all but 90% of them know jack shit so be very careful.

2 Likes

thanks! I will check this channel out.

1 Like

Check this:

You can also try my personal method if you like. I included everything that I consider to be useful, but I tried to keep it as simple as possible, too. In my opinion the “trick” is to mix in mono first, afterwards you can adjust everything in stereo.

3 Likes

thanks, I will watch this too.

also, I made a better-mixed version so here’s the link:

made better balancing, fixed higher pitch in percussion at the end, and added more EQ’s to tracks
I am thinking about mastering my tracks in FL Studio is it a good idea?
I think it’s much better but if you will see something that doesn’t fit right, feel free to give me a fixed version.
of course, you don’t need to but still, I will watch these tips when I will have some more time.

1 Like

I did this on the mpc one and bitwig

Really digging the “resampling workflow” now…

6 Likes

So nice and moody, very well crafted atmosphere! Also, very nice to hear that the mpc one is capable of more than typical beat production.
This was fun to listen to, thanks for sharing!

My 2yo son walked around the house singing a song he made up about a bubble of snot coming out of his little brothers nose. (“Out of Janniks nose comes a bubble and it flies, flies flies and Jannik laughs!”)
And I managed to secretly catch a recording of him.

I posted it to a group chat of my friends and someone asked if I tried to make a song out of it yet. Before I knew it my friends were making their own versions and posting them. One thing led to another and I made a track on my synthstrom deluge.
Enjoy a house banger about snot bubbles.

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah you can do a lot on it and it’s super easy to resample all on different pads. The only painful thing is the lack of an arranger mode… so you need to manually edit the midi for each pattern and there is no visual representation of your track.
Hopefully this will come with an update though

2 years old and you made him a star already.Kids are precious and can be such an inspiration.Loved the track.

1 Like

It’s worth it. No extensive blabla, just one easy quick hint after another.

I got a blue screen after clicking on that link. I don’t know if it’s just my computer or the link itself, but I won’t try it again. If you upload your song on Soundcloud I’m willing to have a listen. :wink:

How about a hardcore version in “Techno Trax” style? :grin:

1 Like

that was your problem, the link is 100% safe, but you can still don’t trust me, cuz I’m just a random stranger from the internet
still, I’m gonna upload it to SoundCloud to give you a listen.
https://soundcloud.com/ishineeeytp/spooky-renoise-remaster-i-think/s-ctoEvRi2GxJ?si=08ba25f46a5441e5bdf7f9f66d3717bf

1 Like

Possibly, but it’s still strange to get a blue screen right after clicking on something, don’t you think?
I don’t say it’s because of you, I just think it’s strange and I don’t need to repeat it.

That’s right, but you’re a Renoiser at least, which makes it a little bit easier. :wink:

Ok, here are my thoughts:
Compared to the first version it seems to be stronger, everything is more in front. It’s a little bit weak in terms of the low ends and a little bit too strong in terms of the mids. You should soften the lead, too. And the “keys” starting at 1:45 are too loud. When the lead and the “keys” are playing at the same time the rest of the song is moving in the background. You can also tell by the waveform. And you could improve the overall sound by using filters on your single tracks to clear out some disturbing frequencies. If you check the mix in mono you’ll see what’s up. I think if you check your volume balance again you will achieve a much better result.

1 Like

v2015

2 Likes

This was made 20 years ago with Fast Tracker 2 then edited little bit with Renoise.

2 Likes

Don’t fall asleep!

5 Likes

Not a piece too sleep on .So many different instruments so well put together absolutely magnificent!!!

1 Like

Nice!! Made me move my head around and feel like a child again.