I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Great vibes in here! :heart_on_fire:

1 Like

Nice work, keep polishing it up.

Im sorry, but that lead is piercingly bright. Try to get some more swing and variation into the drums, keep going with it.

For those who don’t know, this is Electro:

9 Likes

Love it, very good mate. Is this new, or a gem from the vaults?

This is a new one, I started it about 3 weeks ago and finished it between work and life. But I used a VST from the vaults in this one. It’s that old that it’s not available anymore due to update requirements. :slightly_smiling_face:

You messed up that link, but I could listen to some snippets and the quality is good as usual. :v:

Ah, a WIP for the WIP thread. I like it. it. That Acid at the end was unexpected, but it fits really well. You should bring it earlier imho.to round off the composition.

Ok, that’s nice, but at the same time very simple. Some variations like @BriocheBaps suggested would improve the song. And btw., I’ve read your description of the song. You don’t really think “Vokuhila” means “Why can’t I get swedish hair”, do you? Or is “swedish hair” a specific haircut or in fact “Vokuhila”? Vokuhila means “vorne kurz hinten lang” and it looks like this:
vokuhila
I never understood those who dared to go outside with that haircut. :upside_down_face:

My weekly jam, a few days late.

@TNT Event Horizon sounds good!

@Jonas Cool track!

@slujr Ah, is that upcoming release what you’ve been busy with instead of posting weekly jams? :wink: Cool stuff!

@Agentslimepunk Wow, that sounds so very cool! I’ll be checking out the full album soon™

3 Likes

Nope, secret projects :dotted_line_face:

Need to get back to writing music though!

1 Like

You are completely right about the explaination of Vokuhila. :slight_smile:
But in Denmark it was also called “svenskerhår” (“swedish hair”) when I went to highschool in the late 80s.
Mabye it was because of the the highjump world champion, Patrik Sjöberg, who also had a possible record in that haircut…
I also did a bit highjump at that time, and that was perhaps one excuse to have that hair… but it was very popular at that time… I also dont know why we found it cool… when I see pictures of myself at that time I really understand my mother trying to prevent it. (she was also a hairdresser at that time, so that was a very bad combination :smiley: ) ((My wife cuts my hair now, so I’m even more sure it will never happen again))

Thank you! Personally I think the Soundcloud version doesn’t do justice to the original. After a while Soundcloud gave me some glicthes again, and it affects the open hat again, just like the last time when there were glitches. I don’t know, but somehow Soundcloud seems to have problems with sustained high frequencies sometimes.
I like your session, even though there are some crooked notes (pads) in the fourth and esepcially the fifth minute. I guess those are “intentional disharmonics” again? That’s how you call it, right? :wink:

:laughing: Don’t worry, in my youth in the 90s I used to have a so called “Technozopf”, that’s long hair with an undercut. I looked similar like Erling Haaland today:

Imagine the looks of the people at that time, I always had their attention wherever I was going. Especially if combined with colorful Techno clothing by Velvet Monkees etc., which was my style. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Renoise:

5 Likes

Oh lilith what a Track!!Lovely intro and the rest did not disappoint.It sounded and felt complete, surely one of the best tracks i ve heard from you.

1 Like

Thanks for the repost, Panos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! How do you get this authentic Detroit feeling? Are you using special chords, bass lines, etc. or what’s your approach?

All my chords consist of only 3 notes and are usually minor chords when it comes to Electro. My favorite chord, which is also my “root chord” that I use all the time, is C, D# and G, just like C is always my “root note”. I don’t aim for “Detroit sound” or any specific sound, but if you would like to categorize my overall sound, then it’s probably Sound of Frankfurt, which is the origin of many electronic music styles (like Trance) and specific types of sound, and it’s the sound I primarily grew up with. I just do what I like the most, and those chords and notes are based on my tonal experiments as a kid. I haven’t had musical education, everything I do comes from “my soul” and is the result of “learning by doing”. I also don’t have special bass lines or whatever. When I compose and I’ve got a beat with kick and snare, everything else (like a bass line) pops out of my head automatically. I would say the key is the instrumentation. I prefer short synth basses that are “darker” than elsewhere like for example in Synthwave (and which are sometimes supported by 303 sound), airy and atmospheric “space” pads and choirs, mostly 808 drum sound and short SID synths and/or basic shapes in the background.

3 Likes

ringmodblues.xrns (15.7 KB)
funny looping ear-toy

1 Like

@lilith That’s a cool vibe you’ve got going there! I quite like it. If you don’t mind me saying, I feel the bridge around the 3 minute mark isn’t a strong as the rest of the tune. I think the track would be better served if you committed more firmly to the break. Make it stand by leaving the big bass and drums quiet for its duration. (With them coming back for a moment to shut up again makes me feel like you couldn’t make up your mind what to do there). And then proceed directly into the new segment. Lastly, I find the ending to be weak. It fades out, but also kind of stops. I think it’s a great disservice to another wise lovely little track. Write a proper ending for it, your track deserves it!! That’s how I feel about it anyway.

Secret projects, ey? How cool! Hope they are fun & inspiring. And yes, I’m curious what they are. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Definitely!

I don’t know, but could it be that your files are maybe a bit too hot? Like there is some (inter sample) clipping going on? Maybe that messes with SoundCloud’s conversion? They’re probably doing all kinds of filtering on their end to reduce the file size for streaming.

But less than optimal, or no. The track still stands nice & tall.

Thanks TNT! It’s a combination of things. Sometimes it’s intentional. Sometimes things just drift out of tune while working on it. That happens gradually I don’t notice it. And then there is that some analog hardware synths don’t really track that well over the keyboard. So where it’s in tune in a certain range, it might be significantly detuned an octave higher or lower. But within a certain range I don’t mind the rubbing of the notes, no. When everything is perfectly tuned I do feel things can feel a bit too safe, yes. And people don’t remember safe choices. :wink:

1 Like

Another day, another jam.

Analog hardware can be weird. You start out and everything is in tune. But slowly things start to drift. Ever so slightly. Creating weird textures of tiny clashes that you wouldn’t have thought to make on your own. Anyway, this is such a jam with than kind of “unique flavor”. A sound that was there in the moment. Never to be heard exactly like this ever again. Except in the recording, of course.

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes, the overall sound on SC is still ok, but it’s always dirtier and “harsher” in comparison with the original. The sound is losing smoothness and fullness on SC and gets a tad rougher. I don’t know what exactly happens with the sound on SC, but in comparison it sounds worse everytime. And sometimes there are even some small glitches. Those glitches shouldn’t happen because of inter sample clipping, the ISP value of my songs is always -1. It could happen that at some points in the song this value gets somehow exceeded by 0,1 for a millisecond, but even then ISP is still -0,9. There shouldn’t be any kind of clipping at all. And to me those glitches don’t sound like clipping. It sounds like a weird effect that has gone wrong, in case of my recent song especially in the second half of the fourth minute. Yeah, I would like to know what exactly could cause this despite the mastering. The values like ISP and LUFS are always the same, but the results on SC differ. And it always affects high frequency sound IF it’s happening.

Gotta be careful with those long, sustained sounds. :wink:
But it didn’t happen in your recent jam. I really like the atmosphere that you’ve created here. And the buildup is really good. Many of your Trance jams remind me of Vapour Space - Gravitational Arch of 10 atmospherically (btw, the beat starts in the fourth minute in this one). You’re often using the same kind of pads.

Hopefully! At least “bonus points” for posting Renoise stuff in a Renoise forum. :wink:
So this is the finished mix? No complaints about it. Sounds good both through headphones and speakers. And seemingly you finished the mix the same day you were posting other versions in the WIP thread. That’s “dangerous”. Were you in a hurry?

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll give that a try and will post it in the WIP section

1 Like