I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

French folks seem to like this piece a lot :slight_smile:

Made with Buzz in 2010.

2 Likes

Must be the accordion like sound. As it is always used to portray France in a stereotypical manner. :wink:

Anyway, it has a nice, cheerful, summery mood.

1 Like

Last week, on a hot summerā€™s night. After re-watching Alessandro Cortiniā€™s interview with Sonic State for the n-th time. I decided to make my own Buchla inspired modular setup inside of Renoise. No vst instruments. Just some basic wave shape samples, a bit of white noise, a couple of distortion effects and lots of LFOs to bring it all to life.

2 Likes

Good track and buzz looks like a very capable music software but I canā€™t find any good tutorials also itā€™s crashing very often so I gave up on it

Great track and I love everything that sonicstate guyā€™s do I recommend that YouTube channel to everyone

1 Like

Thank you for listening, much appreciated! Yes, Sonic State is awesome.

Here is a recent set id did for an online festival. Hope you all enjoy.

3 Likes

Good stuff and the video is great

hereā€™s my latest music thing. unfortanetely not made with renoise cause Iā€™m not able to live loop my guitar and stuff with it. At least not in a feasible way :confused:

2 Likes

good set. nicely energetic. well done. the video is fun and i love the helmet! :star_struck:

Here is a full album made with MadTracker:

7 Likes

good ideas, but production is lacking in terms of both mixing and mastering

It was produced in 2002. I was a young boy playing with hardware samplers, refusing the loudness war :slight_smile:

1 Like

respect for that, but i do not think ā€˜loudness warā€™ has anything to do with the clarity of a mix but thatā€™s another topicā€¦

wow, I think you did an excellent job. It sounds good to my ears, and has a cool vibe. Nice work! Could you give me some advice on harware samplers? Iā€™ve never had or used one, and Iā€™m thinking of getting into this world.

This is a strange mix, works great on my shitty car speakers, but maybe too aggressive for big speakers?

1 Like

I used an Akai S2000 at the time (with a two-lines LCD display) recording from vinyls and ambient noises. Sampling and slicing with hardware is a long and tedious process, but lets you focus on creativity, and train your ear to capture details. I then moved all the samples to MadTracker2 to sequence them. Honestly I would not recommend to use such samplers today, it really takes a lot of time. The Renoise sampler can do the job with the same feeling in a fraction of the time. Or get an Elektron Octatrack, you can find the MK I used at a very good price.
As for the ā€œcool vibeā€, the sound designer Diego Stocco helped me to clean up and boost the samples ā€“ heā€™s mentioned as co-producer. Iā€™ve been lucky to meet him twenty years ago, check out what heā€™s doing today: http://www.diegostocco.com

2 Likes

Iā€™m working on this at the moment, sorry for the video quality, but if you have any feed back for whatā€™s here, feel free to share, thank you for checking it out.

2 Likes

That was marvelous

Looks like you are on a good track.Let us know when you finish it