I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Same school

A sad cause inspired this piano song.

4 Likes

I felt your pain.Sorry for your loss :cry:

1 Like

Who lost where what? Sorryā€¦ :worried:

1 Like

That is a fun little track! Chugs along nicely. It reminds a bit of Jean-Michel Jarre with its bright energy and sound design. The ending is crudely funny. Charming stuff.

1 Like

I have Breaktweaker as well. It is nice. Comes with a ton of sounds. That sound pretty good right out of the box. And I never use it.

Pretty much everything the plugin does you can set up in Renoise quite easily. With all the power that Renoise has at your command. The more traditional step sequencer interface is nice. I do find that easier to see the pattern than in Renoise. And the onboard effects sound good too. But you really donā€™t need it. You can achieve the similar results in Renoise and a good sample packā€¦

1 Like

Made this track made entirely out of string swells. I had to get very intimate with the MIDI curves, but its good practice I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Sorry to hear thatā€¦ Its a nice track you got there though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When the strings open up my God epic feeling!!!

That is swell! ā€¦Sorry, bad pun. Couldnā€™t resist. :grimacing:

Seriously though, it is a nice little tune and concept. Especially in the second half when it starts to open up.

Getting all the expression and dynamics just right can be a lot of work, yes. How did you do that? Drawing them in or record them live via midi controller?

thanks for the input. appreciate it. anymore, I am leery of buying plugins, bc I find that I rarely use them. but, sometimes a new sound or workflow generates a lot of good content

@TheDamnChicken wild tune! nicely done. reminds me a little of Aaron Coplandā€¦ lots of harmonic movementā€¦ feels a bit meandering at times but, definitely an interesting journey

@Beatslaughter lovely. excellent. beautiful. condolences on the sad causeā€¦ a composer friend told me once that when we are going through hard times, to write musicā€¦ then we will have something to show for the pain and challenge we live through

2 Likes

I used a controller with faders to ride the tension in real time. Iā€™m not man enough to compose on the fly as well though, but a man can dream! :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, I hear you. It is bloody hard to do both things simultaneously, yes. I canā€™t do that either. Luckily in a studio environment, writing to midi, gives us less talented performers a chance as well. :sweat_smile:

Having fun with a microphone. Making little voice loops. And using a plastic vinegar bottle for some percussion elements. Definitely inspired by JĆ³hann JĆ³hannssonā€™s score for Arrival and Steve Reich.

Feedback always welcome!

4 Likes

Does it sound too bright?

2 Likes

No, quite nice imo. But the background lead in the beginning has a fundamental that is very obtrusive at places. You can hear it as a sine (ā€œwoooooooā€) when listening objectively. Maybe tame?

Thereā€™s something to be said for having unbalanced stuff in a mix, but resonances that pokes out as high-amp sines will just force the listener to lower the volume, imo.

(should reveal itself in a sonogram?)

1 Like

(updated link)

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great, only I would bandpass all guitars, esp. the lead guitar. Using 2pole HP and LP in a good, oversampled eq. Of course per track, not on bus or so.

Thank you, but Iā€™m trying to not bandpassing these guitars too much. It may create more clean sound, sure, but I wanted to create something like 70-80s hard rock tune with some dirt and imperfection. So I leaved even more than some unnecessary frequencies (including probably even some glitches). I spend some time on this tune and I must say - distorted guitars are hard to mix. But weā€™ll see in the future. :slight_smile:

Yes sure, and I agree, distorted guitars are most difficult to mix and setup. But I didnā€™t mean a total drastical bandpassing, a moderate 12dB slope (you can even make it a lot flatter), so it only slightly removes the unfocussed areas. Just a little bit.