Idea: Distribute Samples To Layers.

had a bug notice:

Ah yeah. That’s not really a bug, it’s a thing in renoise that once you split a sample with the slice tool you can’t make a lot of difference in the keyzones anymore (just where it starts, whether you have one octave for transposing, and whether to use black keys)… You can use the excellent Render Slices to new Instrument by vV to work around that :)

Ah, ok. Maybe you can fix it so it doesn’t give this ugly notice which looks like a bug? Have something pop up saying ‘you can’t do this’ or something :) .

U cant seriously be the only person interested in this…

I am not sure how one could not see the use for this as this is a very common synth function…

I have heard it requested b4…it has nothing to do with volume, this is about the depth, modulation and richness u can only get from stacking the same waveform X times and detuning them …

Its probably my most frequently used synth function.

Maybe we should start a separate thread for this?

Maybe, but I think this layering thread pretty much covers most of it already, just lacking the fine-tuning bit, maybe it is hard to implement? [sub](motivates ambitious coder)[/sub]

so does this tool take a sample and multiply it then?

I’m talking thread, see first post, not a tool!

AHHH fair enough, I assumed tool cos someone made a tool in response to thread.

I’m interested in it. More than half the time I spend in the keyzone editor is just thickening up leads with multiple octaves, light detuning etc. A one-click version of that would save me loads of time.

I thought I’d given my support to the idea earlier ;)