Idea: On/Off All Fx On Track

thanks

yes please add some keybindings,that would make it faster to use this tool

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but doesn’t seem to work here! Assigning numlock to either bypass or enable all effects in song/track doesn’t do anything.

Edit:

wait a minute :slight_smile: , you have to have the focus in Renoise on the dsp tab, then it works. Wished this could work globally as well!

Also, wish this can work as a toggle, so you can use one key for both bypassing & enabling.

Thanks Bantai, very useful!

B) thanks!

Really shouldn’t be that hard, because you only have to attach to “devices_observable” when initially turning a chain off. The new list notifications should help you updating your device list in one notifier (see GitHub - renoise/xrnx: The official Renoise Lua Scripting repository Renoise.Document.API.lua #266 ) and without having to mess with handles.

:drummer: YEAH ! Thank you Bantai!

Doesn’t the Mixer Shapshot tool allow you to do just that?

To be honest, I didn’t even know this tool existed until now. I’ve been so distracted by other crap in life lately, that I haven’t really had a chance to dig into some of the amazing things people are doing with scripting.

Beatslaughter’s Mixer Snapshot Tool does indeed have the ability to store and recall DSP Chain snapshots, among other things, although it seems that he is still working on it since it hasn’t been released to the Tools area yet?

I still like the idea of a more simplified function that is being discussed in this thread, though, and I think the two tools could co-exist quite happily. The functionality of Beatslaughter’s tool is slightly clunky at the moment, but I can definitely see a lot of potential there! Thanks for pointing that it out :)

Would have done it just like you. Sorry for the confusion. I only wanted to point you to the list notifiers, which make it easier to keep a mirror of an existing observable list in sync.

Works really nicely! :)

Ey Bantai, got this notification trying to add a maximizer to the master track:

'C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.6.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.ToggleDSPs.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.  
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.  

Please contact the author (Marvin Tjon | Bantai (marvin renoise.com)) for assistance...  

main.lua:190: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)  
stack traceback:  
 main.lua:190: in function 'value'  
 main.lua:175: in function 'update_table'  
 main.lua:192: in function <187><br>```

<br>
<br>
EDIT:<br>
<br>
same for adding a track dsp to a send:<br>
<br>

```<br>C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.6.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.ToggleDSPs.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.<br>
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.<br>
<br>
Please contact the author (Marvin Tjon | Bantai (marvin renoise.com)) for assistance...<br>
<br>
[string "-- create or convert a table to an object t..."]:46: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)<br>
stack traceback:<br>
  [C]: in function 'pairs'<br>
  [string "-- create or convert a table to an object t..."]:46: in function 'keys'<br>
  main.lua:168: in function 'update_table'<br>
  main.lua:192: in function <187><br>```

</187></187>

I’ve also ran into a few similar problems, and have been getting similar error messages as Jonas. Can’t seem to pin it down to a specific pattern yet, as it always tends to happen in the middle of doing something else, but I’ll keep searching.

I did have a global keybinding to toggle all dsp’s on/off using one midi controller button. Since I’ve uninstalled the script and re-installed it, I cant find the binding anymore, also can’t replicate the bug using the same action in the particular song ( http://www.mediafire.com/?73augs1t7q0qeyl ). Will try and narrow it down.

Looked in the log and came across this:

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate C:\Program Files\~AUDIO\VST(I)\~FREEWARE\Drumatic 3.dll  
VstPlugs: Plug is a SynthEdit plug (SE version: 80)...  
VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin 'Pieter-Jan Arts: Drumatic 3', Unique ID:1162888243, Version:2300  
VstPlugs: Disabled multi processor support for SynthEdit plug 'Pieter-Jan Arts: Drumatic 3'  
VstPlugs: Instantiate OK  
VstPlugs: Releasing C:\Program Files\~AUDIO\VST(I)\~FREEWARE\Drumatic 3.dll...  
VstPlugs: C:\Program Files\~AUDIO\VST(I)\~FREEWARE\Drumatic 3.dll was released  

KeyEventHandler: Unknown DirectInput key pressed. ScanCode:'0xB7'  

KeyEventHandler: Unknown DirectInput key pressed. ScanCode:'0xB7'  

RenderToInstrument: Prepare grabbing instrument  
RenderToInstrument: Preparing the plugin (00 - VST: Drumatic 3 (TR-808 Kit))...  
RenderToInstrument: Preparing the audio files (12 in total)...  
RenderToInstrument: Closing everything...  
RenderToInstrument: Grabbing finished...  

ScriptingEngine: main.lua:190: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)  
stack traceback:  
 main.lua:190: in function 'value'  
 main.lua:175: in function 'update_table'  
 main.lua:192: in function <187><br>
<br>
<br>
Error Message: 'C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.6.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.ToggleDSPs.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.<br>
Error Message: The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.<br>
Error Message: Please contact the author (Marvin Tjon | Bantai (marvin renoise.com)) for assistance...<br>
Error Message: main.lua:190: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)<br>
Error Message: stack traceback:<br>
Error Message: main.lua:190: in function 'value'<br>
Error Message: main.lua:175: in function 'update_table'<br>
Error Message: main.lua:192: in function <187><br>
<br>
Application: Saving 'DRUMVSTIRENDER.xrns'...<br>
Application: 'DRUMVSTIRENDER.xrns' was successfully saved.<br>```

<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
What is this [b]"KeyEventHandler: Unknown DirectInput key pressed. ScanCode:'0xB7'"[/b] business?</187></187>

Have you seen my last post before this one Bantai? Am still getting errors every now and then when adding a device.

ok, maybe a combo of scripts then that give this error notice.

Thats just an internal info that Renoise doesn’t know about this key. Will not break anything…

Thanks, will try it out!

Not yet, also the previous bug notices weren’t a guaranteed result, easy to reproduce action in every song or even the songs where it did happen. Not every time I added a limiter to the master track I got the error, which is the strange thing. I will try again with the song link I posted somewhere above if I can get anything out of it adding and deleting stuff.

thnx!