If processing power wasn't an issue, what would you like to see happen in the audio/music industry?

100% elimination of any type of lag, especially between audio, graphics and peripherals. So much current processing power (CPU, GPU, sound card) and we are still far from this. It seems that the software and hardware are not being used to their full potential.
Have you ever wondered why Renoise locks its window when a plugin window is dragged? Generally, DAWs take too much advantage of the CPU and neglect the GPU. Perhaps it would be better to talk about this?

Best comment I’ve read so far… :grinning: But this would be very very expensive. And I think the industry should continue to pay professional musicians properly. We are playing many things at once…

On the other hand, I suppose that AI will always need to be supervised afterwards. The human factor will always be necessary, and that is an added work to AI. Composing proper music is much more complex than arranging notes over time. It involves many human factors that the machines will never understand, at least in the same way.

1 Like

I think that the AI role will be only Functional in here. For example, i have been struggling for 10 year with finding the perfect Marcato hit(sound) for Violins or Violincello. After a several hits you will start to hear one of the 1st samples that was “summoned” a while before, while playing a Staccato line or something. I mean, you can not solve this problem by making a huge 200GB Kontaxt instrument only for Marcato viola or violin, where the hits are unrepeatable “almost” due to huge amount of samples that it recalls at the same time. This is only one of thousands of problems that i face everytime i want to write a marcato-staccato “strings” line. In micro, they sound cool, but after a while you will start to feel that sample-based sound, because of the deauthenticity of the whole instrument.
Example 1: A more primitive (small size Kntxt instrument) marcato method

Example 2: A huge marcato instrument (About 20GB)

I wish that we could reach a Vst instrument that is 100% algorithm based-programmed, without samples, that can emulate those sounds with Authenticity. I do not think that it is a good idea to buy a several SSD for every Kntxt instrument you have lol