If There Was A Beatslicer In A Future Renoise Which Would You Prefer?

i would like “A”

i don’t make jungle. i just make tracks with sounds of household objects and will record myself striking an object in a similar way about 10 -20 times or more, so that i can have a sort of dynamic everchanging sound by triggering alternating slices. the samples can be really long and very unevenly spaced, so the offset increments are not accurate enough, ever. i always just cut and paste then map to keys. this is often a mind-numbing task, and will often have to use wavelab or recycle (or anthing with drop markers) and the export from that app, then import with renoise.

it would make my life easier to just drop keymarkers at each hit in renoise.
i understand if this is difficult feature to implement, but not sure why everyone thinks it involves the amen break.

just thought i’d share a pro-beatslicer sentiment from someone who isn’t using it for breaks

maybe a recognition of sony and akai markers… but if you cut well your samples you don t need it! it s automatic! the hexacodes should run in your blood!! if you hear a beat you can say ok this snare is at 09a0 this hat is at 0978 etc etc… you just need to hear it to know where everything is!!

ill go for b
im wurkin alot with long wavs (from our live jammings)
and its pain the ass use this 09xx offset with long waves…cos it rounds up/ its too mathematic exact. and human isnt.

what i suggest, you could set by hand offsetpoints (256max->max 9ff value).
with this way even the sample isnt in sync or played with click/isnt played in accurate tempo (you´re smart ppl, you know what i mean…) you get smooth variations with offset by setting offset points by hand…

also with this method you can use your own scales when offsetting things.

like:

0901 calls point 1 (0920-0921)
0902 calls point 2 (0971)
0903 calls point 3 (09A0-09A1)
0904 calls point 4 (09DF-09E0)

and this is only 2 beats long example and its inaccurate…think about when i have a guitar solo with 32 beats long…its really round and ruff to call offset points with this percentual way…

and chopping, its really slow. sample data gets messed. you have to be raelly careful and you easy made gaps between chopped parts.

simply new functio to drop down menu next to zooming properties…in snap drop down menu
when snapping enabled and custom offset points- functio selectedfrom drop down.
you just simply click on waveform and it creates new offset point at clicked point…this custom made offset point place can by change simply dragging from number tab and deleted via right click on number tab.

what a wunderful world it is, isnt it? :blink:

peace, r0b

edit: with this way, you can play original wav from different pitches…

so its basicly offset liike as it is now…only execpt is that i can create my own offset points and i can create ‘natural swing’ to my offsets. this accurate method where sample is percentually chopped into 256 slices is nice when im wurking with computer generated accurate samples. but not with ones which are played live…

I think a mix between REX style slicer mixed with current function would be cool. I think it would be implemented into beat sync somehow… it gets mapped with the sync function, then sliced. in beat sync mode you could do old school style beat munging (like in the old emu ultras or in the Yamaha a4/5000), but when sync is off the sliced samples pitch would be independent of the tempo. but to assign each key to a sample offset would kinda defeat the purpose for me if thats how I were made to enter my notation of each slice. I would rather it just map the hits across the keyboard according to what base not was picked (kinda like kontakt). to be honest I’m pretty happy wit the current offset programming situation, and I work fast with it, but I like the idea of only having to do the work once and then getting down to programming my lines…