If You Have Any 'novation Nocturn With Renoise' Questions...

Yeah, I’ve wrapped them and pointed renoise to the correct folder but no luck. I managed to get a wrapped version of the Alpha Free synth to open, but it is named something strange like ‘VSTwrapper’ in the instruments menu. Because of the name change, I can’t open more than one wrapped VSTI at once.

There has also been some strange behaviour where wrapped VSTI plugin-ins appear in the track DSP section!

I tried vsthost (http://www.defectiverecords.com/vstihost/index2.html) and it showed the plugins correctly.

Is renoise seeing the wrapped VST plug-ins incorrectly?

T

Hi there,

Here is a screenshot of the problem. When wrapping a VSTi, it appears in the FX section under ‘VSTAutomapClient’.

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom.

i think im gonna order one from thomann today :yeah:

anyone on an intel macbook could share some more info about ?
it’s time to replace my remote 25 !

Breska, why you want to replace it?

the remote is not so portable…and actually I rarely play keys live… so I thought this nocturn would be a good alternative…

In the meantime over the the weekend I made a few new templates for the remote - renoise combo … mind it’s the first one no automap or anything but anyway it’s real fast to navigate and program.

had so much fun with it…
many times we are tempted by new controllers and stuff but actually not using at best the things we already have…

yah
i finally got a novation nocturn ordered from thomann,and it has just arrived today :dribble:

cant wait to try it out.
im actually thinking on ordering one more :yeah:

but i will wait a little before i do that.

Did anyone tried to use this device with linux version of Renoise (or with Renoise on wine)? Please, share your experience.

Hmmm looks like a nice little addition. Could you try it out with artillary, and effectrix?

For some reason i think my axiom is screwed. Or i dont know how to use it. Because i cant midi map artillary, or effectrix.

Hi
A question about recording with the nocturn, especially in live :
I ’m actually using my nocturn to change my vsti values (cutoff, resonance…). It seems that I can not record any value… I can only do it only when I map the vsti with midi :frowning: Or I am doing something wrong ? 

No, nothing is wrong with your setup. As I understand it, Automap is a completely separate software layer that doesn’t report changes to the host like a normal plugin would.

That sucks a little bit: It is great to play with a nocturn (in the automap mode)… but if you can’t record what you play… :blink:

Well, yes…But actually, there are creative uses for this: if you record/draw automation data the normal way (using an midi-mapped automation device, and recording data with the nocturn operating in standard MIDI mode), you can afterwards switch to automap mode and tweak the automated data in a relative fashion (normally, the values would flicker rapidly as a result).

I don’t know if this is by design, but it’s really nice as a tweaking/live performance thing.

Positive point of view. I was thinking about something like that but not tried yet.
Thanks for the help ;)

Let me know if anyone have an idee to improve live recording without midi-mapping…

was wondering what you guys use the crossfader on the nocturn for??i havent used that since i got the unit :D

not yet <_<

so you havent used it for anything either?

I had mine 10 days ago. I haven’t use it a lot

Try to control the pitch bend with it!

Open the automap dialog, click the xfader and choose pitchbend as target. Now, you’ll be able to control any VST synth that supports pitchbend.