If you never intend on adding certain types of options...

cumbersome third party tool

If you have tried a tool and this is your opinion, sure, that’s fine. But many of the tools feels like, works like as if they were completely native to Renoise. This is of course only possible since the author has skills and put great effort into making it. Creating an elegant and focused tool is a creative endeavor, just like writing music.

-my satellite internet connection doesn’t have time outs for some reason-

Either way, you’re rude or have mental issues, choose whichever seems nicer to you, I’m not going to help you more, not reading your posts.

Haloperidol does wonders, try it.

If you have tried a tool and this is your opinion, sure, that’s fine. But many of the tools feels like, works like as if they were completely native to Renoise. This is of course only possible since the author has skills and put great effort into making it. Creating an elegant and focused tool is a creative endeavor, just like writing music.

Your comment is basically saying “Renoise is good enough as it is.”

If it requires using a third party tool, and changing THIS option, routing this and that and this and then changing another option and then routing this and that and this and that again, you cannot tell me that’s something that feels “native” to Renoise". Native, with most programs, means it’s something you click an option and it’s working.

Renoise is starting to remind me of using a CLI and listening to Linux fanbois tell me that a CLI is soooooooo powerful and that I need to stop whining that I STILL have to use it to do basic functions in Linux. No matter how much I say that adding a GUI option to something, they’ll tell me that the CLI is good enough and that I shouldn’t complain about a program that’s so cheap.

Either way, you’re rude or have mental issues, choose whichever seems nicer to you, I’m not going to help you more, not reading your posts.

I don’t want your help. I said at the beginning that I don’t care about what EDM fanbois of Renoise think or want anymore. I want to hear the Renoise team say they’re actually adding NON-EDM options into Renoise. I’ve dealt with their false promises for 10 years, and I’m sick of it.

And yes, I have mental issues. It’s why I’m on disability and why I use music as an outlet. When a program gets worse and worse and makes it harder and harder for me to have a musical release, it results in me being an asshole. When I can’t release, it has to come out somewhere.

I’m living with my companion, there are 3 former meth addicts living with us, there’s someone staying in the house who just got out of jail who we’re having to watch that he does’t steal painkillers and that he doesn’t take something to hock so he can get meth with it, there’s two others who go back and forth between their RV and here, I have NO privacy at all, my computer is basically in the living room, and I have no way to release my emotions in a productive manner, so yeah, it’s coming out on the forum. I don’t know what else to do. When my life is stressed but I’m able to create music and record it and finish songs, I’m usually pretty mellow.

I was too tempted to read your reply forward… Won’t happen again, I promise. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is your complex melody?

2 hand recording in renoise results in an uneditable, unreadable mess.

A melody spanning more than 3 note columns is very hard to edit even if you inserted everything neatly note by note.

Also, WHY have you not moved to a piano roll orsheet writing directly? They have paste-continuously and whatmore from renoise midi editing wise do you need, because you’ve seemed to just discover the edit step function.

If the reasonmay besticking to Linux and not finding other options you like, address that problem instead.

If you want fast guaranteed changes, get a million euro or 5, buy Renoise and hire 15 more developers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or do the same with tool developers, should be 500 times cheeper.

Or switch to a piano roll/sheet, will be … you get the point… cheeper and much faster.

When I can’t release, it has to come out somewhere

Try a bucket of ice water, dunk your head and scream for a second or 2. Very efficient, I’m not joking.

I was too tempted to read your reply forward… Won’t happen again, I promise. :stuck_out_tongue:
What is your complex melody?

Imagine a chord progression that changes keys 6 times in 8 seconds and is in a fast 13/8 time signature.

2 hand recording in renoise results in an uneditable, unreadable mess.
A melody spanning more than 3 note columns is very hard to edit even if you inserted everything neatly note by note.
Also, WHY have you not moved to a piano roll orsheet writing directly?

I. Write. By. Ear.

I write by ear. I need to hear what it is that I’m adding to so I know what to add to it. It’s live, it’s often improv, usually only half the time is it ever something meticulously planned except for the rhythm pattern and whether I want the flow of the melody to go up or down–often when I get to the chord in the song, I want to play something that’s CLOSE to the note I want and then correct it to the right note on the fly.

A piano roll doesn’t cover this. Sheet music is the complete absence of writing by ear, it’s completely the opposite.

They have paste-continuously and whatmore from renoise midi editing wise do you need, because you’ve seemed to just discover the edit step function.

Where do you get that impression? It’s actually not possible to write some things without the editstep function.

If the reasonmay besticking to Linux and not finding other options you like, address that problem instead.

??? I was making a comparison. I don’t use Linux because the CLI is far too often still required. If there’s such a thing as an “evil” interface, it would be the CLI. It requires you memorize phrases that make no rational or logical or even emotional sense, syntax for those phrases (you can’t tinker with a CLI, it’s impossible, you have to read the man page or the help file first before you can even start working with it so you can see the usage), and usually makes you type out a long directory tree if it’s something that writes any sort of file.

Take M.A.M.E. for instance, the versions from 2004 and earlier: Try adjusting any sort of complex options while just using the CLI. It’s hell. You end up typing a 30 word phrase with lots of -l -d -g -c -d -e -g -d -d in them. The third party GUIs written for MAME during those periods made MAME a usable program. Without them, it just wasn’t worth trying to mess with.

If you want fast guaranteed changes

You mean less than 10 years?

, get a million euro or 5, buy Renoise and hire 15 more developers. :stuck_out_tongue:
Or do the same with tool developers, should be 500 times cheeper.

Well, when it’s laid out to me in 2003 that the Renoise team listens to the people on the forums, and they actually care, and yet not one simple-to-implement option I’ve been asking for since then has even slightly been considered. It took someone winning an EDM contest for the live record option to even make it’s way half-assed into the program.

Or switch to a piano roll/sheet, will be … you get the point… cheeper and much faster.

Again, I write by ear.

Try a bucket of ice water, dunk your head and scream for a second or 2. Very efficient, I’m not joking.

If you knew a lot about mental issues, you’d know that’s a joke.