I'M Going Nuts!

Hi people, I’ve looked everywhere and can not figure out a way to get Renoise to receive MIDI note data from Ableton Live. I want to record some of my sequences from Live into Renoise through the use of ReWire. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

./-.

I don’t think it’s possible.

Thanks for your response Fullofkittens.

./-.

renoise as master
press record in renoise

you could send midi data through midiyoke out to channel 1 on ableton, and then set midi device in on renoise as in from midi yoke 1 on reonise?

It seems as if though Renoise does not make it’s MIDI tracks available through ReWire. The audio tracks work fine, but not the MIDI tracks. I tried Renoise as a master and a slave, and in both cases Live had no way of sending MIDI to Renoise because the Renoise MIDI tracks did not show up in Live’s “MIDI output type chooser”.

./-.

Renoise has no “MIDI tracks”, it only supports two MIDI input devices, but for that you can also use a virtual Midicable like MIDI yoke, that will for sure help you out sending note-stuff to Renoise.
It is going to become time the internal instrument structure gets this overhaul and dedicated MIDI device and channel assignment.

Thank you vV and the rest of you guys for your help.

./-.