Importing controller mappings

Hello everyone!

I’m trying to set up a Launchpad / nanoKontrol2 set up to use with Duplex or Lauflicht, but I can’t seem to be able to import the XML and LUA files in order to do this. Are these files actual mappings, or am I missing the point? Do these mappings work the same way mappings work in, for example, Traktor; where when you import a mapping all the controls are automatically assigned?

Thanks for your help.

Tryhttp://mrvandalo.github.io/stepp0r/, you have to drag and drop these plugins to renoise.

Yes, I understand how to install tools, it’s just the controller mappings I can’t seem to import. Do I have to set them up manually, or am I not understanding how these mappings actually function?

Yes, I understand how to install tools, it’s just the controller mappings I can’t seem to import. Do I have to set them up manually, or am I not understanding how these mappings actually function?

I tried to reply here - but perhaps not a very good reply. Let me rephrase that :slight_smile:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/duplex-beta-versions/30625

Basically, Renoise has too many mappings to ever be able to fit onto any controller.

So, first step would be to decide which features you want - this is why Duplex has those ready-to-use device-configurations. There are ones focused on the pattern matrix, the mixer, using/recording effects and so on. On top of this, a number of special configurations like step sequencers or even more exotic things…

This is all a no-brainer. You install Duplex, launch the “Duplex browser” and navigate to one of the Launchpad the configurations. The configuration should be able to detect and select the right MIDI port for you - otherwise, just pop up options and select it. And, unless you want to create your own configurations, that’s all there is to it.

Once you have a chosen a configuration, you can also make Duplex “autostart” this configuration, so it’s always ready to use.

In a non-Duplex world, you can hit CTRL+M to bring up the MIDI mapping dialog, and assign a button to any control in Renoise that lights up. This is easy, and you can load/save the mappings from within the MIDI mapping dialog. But, you can’t autostart these mappings and they are not bi-directional - so no scrolling in the matrix, no “sliders” made from buttons, no step sequencers etc.

In a non-Duplex world, you can hit CTRL+M to bring up the MIDI mapping dialog, and assign a button to any control in Renoise that lights up. This is easy, and you can load/save the mappings from within the MIDI mapping dialog. But, you can’t autostart these mappings…

I’ve saved my set-up midi configuration together with the empty template song, so every time I start a new song all mappings are intact.

Thanks for your responses!