Importing XM-files to Renoise without sounding crap

Hello, I make xm-chiptune music using MilkyTracker and would love to import these files to Renoise so I can mix the different channels making the sound sweeter. The problem is whenever I import an xm-files it doesnt sound quite as it does in MilkyTracker. Iv’e read somewhere that this is because Renoise doesn’t play xm-files correctly because the effects used in Milky/FT2 aren’t used in Renoise or something.

Is this true or is there someway to get around this?

The most notable problem imo is that instrument envelopes and instrument vibratos aren’t converted accurately. There is currently no solution to this besides manual labour, that I am aware of.

The most notable problem imo is that instrument envelopes and instrument vibratos aren’t converted accurately. There is currently no solution to this besides manual labour, that I am aware of.

Men hej Joel :smiley:

Anyways; that’s a shame. I guess the request for a functional conversion of xm-files is too low for this to be fixed. But one can dream!

Taktik actually fixed some thing(s) in the 3.0 beta process after I mentioned it. If you are very precise when reporting an issue, and it’s not too complex to fix, there is a chance it will happen :slight_smile: Start by researching exactly what goes wrong in the import…