Improve Gainer Range In Mixer View, And Tool Tip

Hello,

I tend use a lot of gainers in for my tracks, IMO it’s the most important DSP at all
Now, I’ve stumbled about that quite often, recently:

• If the gain slider is actived in mixer it’s quite hard to fine adjust, becaue the range is so huge (-24 db … + 12 db)
    Especially for lower gain values it’s incredible tricky to adjust values by using the mouse. A few pixels have a huge impact

• Therefore, I’d like to see a kind of range selection like for the EQ: e.g. from 0 db … 12, or -12…0, and so on

• Moreover the display of the acual gain value is implemented via tool tip. Moreover, this tool tip shows values like this “gain - -12 db” or “gain - 12 db”.
    Means: positive values are one minus sign, negativ values are two minus sign. This can be very irritating: one might think everything is negative.
    Suggestions: remove those leading minus sign, and add + for positive values

• Wouldn’t it be possible to show some values in mixer view, too. Besides the sliders ? Would be very helpful.

Best Regards

What is so hard about double-clicking the value figure and actually fill in the exact number you want? You can’t get any more precise than that.

agreed - that’s really good for precise adjustments and I’m really glad that Renoise supports it,
but for mixing I like to do it more “gradually” - moving the slider while listening to the result.
And especially between 0…-24 it has so much impact. I know that a gainer can’t completely replace the mixer level slider,
but it would be nice if it could be a bit more like that.

Hold the left ctrl key while dragging to make fine adjustments to sliders.

Edit:

Admittedly, the accuracy of this particular parameter is still reduced as you get closer to the lowest extreme, due to the logarithmic nature of decibel values, but for -24dB to 0dB I think it helps a lot.

wow - didn’t know it, never stop learning, thanks a lot !