Improved Tool: Pattern Splitter Plus

" This post has been edited by bleego: Today, 07:22 PM "

Might have something to do with Attachments. Not sure as never used them on this board.

Pretty sure you can Manage your Attachments from the User Control Panel though…

Edit: as you can see edited few minutes ago but no. of downloads and filesize still different between the two.

Bleego: See if you can do anything useful from this link: http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

Thanks! Deleted.

Update: I have posted the version above, 0.93, to the tools page. I fixed the pattern ordering weirdness mentioned by Jonas.

I also have been working on and successfully implemented Jalex’s suggestion, but ran into an API bug which I started a thread for in the other forum. Ultimately, modifications to the transport loop are not undone when you try to undo the actions of the pattern splitter. This creates some issues where the loop could get pushed beyond the sequencer end point, and some odd things happen afterwards when executing the pattern split again.

I chose to keep these changes from the initial release, but I will eventually post it here in the forums. For now, the transport loop will remain unaffected by this tool.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and input! This was my first attempt at making a tool, and I feel a successful one. The API is well structured, and the lua was relatively easy to figure out in the process. I have a couple other tools in mind (see above) and definitely looking forward to sharing the results here later.

bleego

Waiting for a new hard drive so can’t test but think I remember Renoise behaving fairly strange like this in general and I have mentioned it in the past.

If highlight a few patterns in the sequencer and clone I think all the original plus cloned before highlighted. Say you clones 4 patterns you would have 8 highlighted after cloning. Undoing you still have 8 highlighted, rather than just the original 4. I’m not sure what happens if you try this at the end of the sequence (also may be remembering incorrectly as currently can’t test.)

Cheers! great work :)

Plz update for version 2.7

thnx for your time

if you need it right now you can do it yourself, you’ll first have to activate some stuff:

Than go to ‘tools’ in the top of the Renoise gui, open ‘scripting terminal and editor’, expand ‘tools’ in it and search for the pattern splitter plus tool. Click the + icon and double click ‘manifest’, change ‘api version’ from 1.0 to 2.0 and press ‘execute’ in the bottom right of the window. Should work now, maybe you need to restart Renoise first?

Jonas thank you VERY MUCH! its working! amazing ))) hahahahah

cool, happy splitting :)

Thanks for posting this improvement on the original PatternSplitter.

Are there any plans to update this to work with version 2.7.2?

… Would be great

which kind of an update?

update plz ))

Seems to work fine simply by changing the to 3 in the manifest.xml. Jonas described how to do this some posts above.

You Know You’re Right. its jsut my lazy. ))))

Would love an updated version of this.

Agreed, an updated version of this one would be sweet.