Instrument Automation (Like Midi Learn)

hrm, so…it turns out that zebra has the useful XY parameters near the front of the list of published parameters, so they show up in instrument automation devices. You then map cutoff to one of the XY pads instead. For synths that have these sorts of dynamic modulators, I can spend a bit of time setting up an instrument automation preset. Looks like no workaround is needed…I just need to do a prep work rather than doing it all on the fly like I’m used to.

although in this case it would be great to be able to label each of the parameters like you can do with instrument MIDI control, because the synth’s labels aren’t always great

http://www.renoise.com/tools/getpluginparams
With this tools Renoise is not so far away from FL studio process of automatization.

I’ve had this exact problem trying to automate the vocal filter lfo rate in arturia’s minimoog v2. Arturia makes great vstis, and they NEVER have all of their parameters labelled correctly. I’m not sure if that’s the problem with this minimoog, or if it’s impossible to add all the possible parameters into the spaces renoise provides. I’m sure it’s not number 2, because I’ve loaded up the arp2600 vsti and there’s nearly twice as many parameters listed for that synth. SO, YES I’m going to throw my hat into the midi learn/better instrument automation feature, because to be perfectly quaint, a lot of other DAWs are a joke when compared to renoise, so I’ll be looking for it, yeah? Meanwhile, I’ll give the previous poster’s solution a shot.