Intelligent Pattern Cloner

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, if it’s a bug or what.
When cloning patterns it automatically skips to the pattern after the last one used, which is fully functional, but kinda annoying if you decide you need to insert a pattern somewhere in the middle of your song and you don’t want it to interfere with other pattern enumerations. It’s not really a bug methinks, but it’d be nice to see it fixed for the 1.5. release, just for the neatness of it. Not quite sure how one would go about fixing it, but I imagine it could be solved by treating empty patterns in general as unused.

To give a slightly simpler example, in case anyone doesn’t understand what airdog means…

Create a new song in Renoise, then create a pattern order something like this:

If you were to then use the clone pattern function on position 03, you might expect it to result in this:

(04 was an empty/unused pattern prior to using the clone function, by the way)

But instead, you get:

Definitely not a huge problem at all, just a minor oddity.

I understand the wish, but for now the trick to compensate your problem is to use the “Sort Pattern” option in the context menu upon the selected patterns and have them automatically renumbered in the top-down order of presence.

Agree with vvois, I always rename the patterns as well anyway, the numbers mean nothing to me the way I work. Name the original pattern, clone it, move it to your suitable place and sort the song. :)