Introducing "Renoise Downloads"

What about multiple downloads? I see a bunch of files that from the same uploader that I have to click on each file to download. Would love the option to not only download in bulk, but select which files I want to download and then download the zip file containing them.

What about multiple downloads? I see a bunch of files that from the same uploader that I have to click on each file to download. Would love the option to not only download in bulk, but select which files I want to download and then download the zip file containing them.

Djeroek’s 80+ sounds, I presume? I got a bit of mouse-click fatigue from that as well. Well worth it though :slight_smile:

What you suggest - bulk download - would indeed be nice. But we have to figure out a way that doesn’t stress the poor server too much…these zip files could become absolutely gigantic.

For now, a workaround (if you’re the one publishing content) could be to put multiple instruments within a song.

In the longer term, we will have an additional file format, the “content library” - a file containing basically any kind of content that you see here on downloads.

Plans are to make it a file that you drag-drop onto Renoise to install, much like a tool. Now that we settled on a way to host the files, real progress can be made :slight_smile:

wicked

I wouldn’t mind seeing a paypal icon on a contributers page, so I can busk a few dollars at someone providing fresh sounds. Might be an extra incentive for content creators to share their stuff?

That would be amazin`

If somebody uploads a lot of things, “recent topics” is flooded :frowning:

Yes, that would be a side effect of the autogenerated topics. A good problem to have :wink:

However…Since we got the new forum up and running, the “new content” page contains a filter that you can use to specify exactly which forums you wish to view content from. So you can choose everything but those downloads.

Hm… would be great if the system could create that topic only when someone actually needs to discuss a download. Best of both worlds.

I didnt know about the “new content”. Thank you :slight_smile:

This is perfect Congratulations !!!

Small bug: Forgetting to fill in a file name and then submitting a download, in the description field is some JavaScript line added.

This is awesome but any way as in the “Ravy Padsynth” series that you can have a download all files as zip archive option? Clicking 40 files is very time consuming. Happy to share my samples and instruments from other sources and vsts !

Louk

Wow. Brings back memories. Anyone old enough to remember when MadTracker offered free hosting?

…and the software was neverupdatedagain.

:frowning:

@Connor: I recall it was organized much like the old song section on the Renoise web site.

Edit: ah, still online: http://www.madtracker.org/music.php - they are not hosting any files, only indexing the links.

I’m actually surprised how many of those 10yo links are still working :slight_smile:

Great addition!

Not sure if this is already planned. What about to add the new renoise/redux libraries (xrnl) as category?

Theselibraries can be big, so the 64MB limit would maybe not enough. I converted the SSO sfz library to xrnl and its about ~260 MB big.

What about to add the new renoise/redux libraries (xrnl) as category?

Absolutely. And yes, the file size should be raised as well.

I think that would require a forum ajax/html5 extension for very huge uploads…

Not sure if this is already planned. What about to add the new renoise/redux libraries (xrnl) as category?

Theselibraries can be big, so the 64MB limit would maybe not enough. I converted the SSO sfz library to xrnl and its about ~260 MB big.

Done. Both songs and libraries now have a maximum file size of 256M

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?app=downloads&showall=1

Awesome!

@danoise, If you’re still using Drupal (7?), fixing bulk download (per node) should be fairly simple using this module: https://www.drupal.org/project/download

Very cool B) I’ll check it out.