Invalid Or Corrupt .Xrns File

HI

When I run the file … xrns has finished loading Renoise closes directly after I receive an error message. At the beginning with this file I had some crashes but I could restart it but last night he does not want to know anything. With other files there is no problem

So I’d like to have a solution for my file is accessible again

I am running mac osx 10.5.8

Oups, i forgot

download the log crash file

The log file

did you tried to change the xrns extension to .zip (copy your file first) and then allowed a zip-fix tool to validate and fix the ziparchive?
A zipfix tool might be able to locate and correct the problem, in the worst case you loose all your contents, in the better situation only some samples are corrupted / missing.

hi
yes I have already changed the name of the zip extension, but the problem I can not find software that can repair the zip file mac osx with a pc there is a multitude of software made ​​for mac but there nothing. except when I decompress the file there is no error. I’ll take my file and test in someone who has a PC. I hope it will work is my live so I can not afford to lose :( .

I have a similar problem but on windows.
any waterproof suggestions for a zipfix program on windows?
Like winamp light is for playing audio .
and please one for my friend using OSX ^_^
I was working on a song in 2.6 in W7, saved couple of times changes, transfered it
to my xp laptop, still good to open, saved a couple of changes, still good file and then boem,
corrupt file when trying to open !

There are a plethora of zipfix utilities that can do recovery of corrupted zipfiles without any hassle.
The better waterproof option however is simply also use the auto-backup feature in Renoise so that you have a decent backup that you can use when shit happens.
You can still attempt to recover the corrupted zipfile and try to save the song.xml from it and perhaps combine it with one of your latest song backups.
Fixing a corrupt xrns archive should be really the last resort, not priority one.

hi

I try to put the file in a backup song.xml later but when I load the file it says the file is unknown or invalid. I’m really lost I do not know what to do to my file is valid again is that I can finish my live set.

Dj ERC: please upload the XRNX and we’ll try to help.

look in your private message, there is the link for xrns

Theres none in here?

HI

LINK

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGLIGFRU

Hi

It’s good you could download the file xrns

Ehm, no, sorry. The file on http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGLIGFRU is password protected?

Rather than drag up another thread, I’ll mention here that I might need some help with one myself. A couple of nights ago I had the first good session on Renoise in a long time, and afterwards, I rebuilt my RAID1 array following a connector problem. It turns out the array started rebuilding the wrong way around and was overwriting my up-to-date drive with the older one so I hit the power switch which only rann for a minute or two (probably enough to overwrite the MFT and some).

2 Days of sector searches later and I have definitely salvaged something but the zip file was corrupt. I used a repair program and got a small portion of the somg.xml, but not enough as it doesn’t seem to have indentified the file size correctly (and it’s too small) :(

I’ve posted it here, any helps would be much loved :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJTFT7KR

p.s. is there anything people could recommend for hunting down this zip file in full?

Ouch i know exactly how painfull that feels.

I’m afraid that if you cannot get the complete song.xml, you need some better tool that does file sector rescueing.

Did you triedSpinrite?
Perhaps it does a better job than the tool you used.
Search And Recover also saved me in a very long past with this kind of matter. I don’t know how today’s version does though.

Hi Vv, thanks for the reply. I did take a look at spinrite, but as it’s a dos only bit of software, I have doubts about it being able to tell me what’s contained in the zips that it finds, but maybe I’ll use it as a last resort. Currently ‘recover my files’ has yielded the above result so I’ve re-ran a scan to allow any found zips to be ~40 meg long (as the last was only ~300k) and maybe, (just maybe) it’ll not give me the ‘unexpected end of file’ when uncompressing/repairing.

Spinrite recovers files on a low level basis and copies whatever it can salvage to another drive. It boots from floppy so it is small and quick (there will be no other system processes hogging up cpu and hdd straining time).

Search and recovery does the same thing but can also do this with drives that are connected to a system which is running Windows.

In case of Spinrite, you don’t need to fear antivirus or antimalware packages suddenly barging in to perform a system scan and slowing down your stuff.