[???] Irregularity in Shortcuts between Pattern Editor and Phrase Edit

Hi,

This isn’t really a massive thing, and i’m not sure if it’s a knockover from previous versions as i always changed key shortcuts myself. But, as i installed the new beta and i always forget my self-assigned shortcuts i thought i’d use the defaults in the new version and see how i got on.

Anyway, as i was scanning them this evening to get familiar with them i noticed that the shortcut keys for the same operation (Mark Column Above Current Line, Mark Column Below Current Line, Mark Column in Block Loop Range) are different between the two ‘note’ editors, i.e. Pattern and Phrase.

It seems to me like there should be consistency there just for ease of use.

Of course they can always be re-mapped manually by the user, but it’s just nice not to have to do that.

Currently Pattern is ALT+SHIFT+A / Z / Q for the listed commands above and Phrase is ALT+SHIFT+S / X / W. I thought they should be the same as pattern for both editors for the old muscle memory to gain a good foothold.

Byeee.

EDIT: also as Flexible Mark Column commands are on ALT+A / Z / Q it follows nicely to just do a broad column mark from adding in the SHIFT key whereas the Mark Pattern keys use ALT+S / X / W and thus it’s not so obvious to switch to column from adding in a SHIFT key there.

Currently Pattern is ALT+SHIFT+A / Z / Q for the listed commands above and Phrase is ALT+SHIFT+S / X / W. I thought they should be the same as pattern for both editors

Hm, they should be the same on a default installation. At least, they are identical here.

Have you upgraded Renoise from a previous installation (Renoise will import your existing settings on such an occasion) ?
Because, it sounds like new and old shortcuts have somehow become mixed up…

You can always reset the keybindings in Preferences. This should fix your issue.