Is it possible to increase LPB without speeding up notes?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’ve been trying to figure this out: if I’ve been working on a pattern in Renoise and I realize partway through that I would rather have 8 lines, or 16, rather than 4, is there a way to change that while preserving the current speed of the song?

Go to “demos and tutorials” and open “Lines per beat” tutorial. You will learn the commands to change the LPB throughout the song.

Go to “demos and tutorials” and open “Lines per beat” tutorial. You will learn the commands to change the LPB throughout the song.

Yes, I’ve been through all the tutorials. Those commands don’t seem to do what I’m asking though - the still speed up the pace of the song. I’m asking if there is a routine that can be performed that will space the notes out as you increase the LPB, basically keeping everything as it is while giving you more resolution.

EDIT: I do appreciate you answering my post btw. I hope I didn’t come off as rude.

Open the advanced edit menu on the right, make sure “whole song” is selected, and choose expand. If you want to got from 4 lpb to 8 lpb, you expand once. 4 to 16, expand twice. It will automatically space the notes out for you so when you change the lpb it will play at the same speed. The one problem with this, however, is if you had used the delay column.

Open the advanced edit menu on the right, make sure “whole song” is selected, and choose expand. If you want to got from 4 lpb to 8 lpb, you expand once. 4 to 16, expand twice. It will automatically space the notes out for you so when you change the lpb it will play at the same speed. The one problem with this, however, is if you had used the delay column.

Thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy, you’re a lifesaver.

Check out this tool;

https://forum.renoise.com/t/snippet-convert-song-from-lpb4-to-lpb12/30227

it should auto-update in Renoise 3.01 correctly. This tool automatically expands & adjusts pattern lengths and residing note-events automatically using a multiplier value in a tool gui. Handy when you’ve sketched a song and want more resolution eventually.