Is Piano Roll A Fast Way..

Ok, I’ll check this one.

yeah, i like the fx stack a whole lot. i’m probably gonna play with it a bit if you don’t mind. maybe we should put that into the next release as a send routing demo. :lol:

Haven’t checkout out your example, but the Gainer has a panning slider. How did you mean you improvised it? Or you mean a separate Panner instead of incoroprated in the Gainer?

As for send terminator… couldn’t you use “mute source” in this case?

:blink:

I have a monster headache…

no.

in order to split signal outputs into two streams (in several places in the described fx chain) i had to put multiple send devices into some of the channels

DELAY=>FLANGER=>SEND1=>SEND2

in order for SEND2 to get a signal i had to keep SEND1’s “mute source” off. i turned it on for SEND2 but i could still hear it. i used the gainer to kill the volume. i didn’t notice the gainer having a panning control.

:) i’m an aphex twin fan. i like that kind of stuff.

my choice of a vst host was basically, i want a tracker like interface :).

so out those cubase, rebirth, etc…

I have come to the conclusion that I really don’t need a modular routing interface.

I used to think I needed it while I played with Buzzmachines because I had to add all kinds of effects to make the instruments sound good.

But once I started to use vsti I really don’t need that kind of routing screen anymore.

About Aero tracker they are making improvments/fixes in a quite high tempo. But the latest version is still unusable.

Why?

You can only play one note! In the pattern view. Which means the pattern editor is useless because you can’t insert or edit chords in it.
Also the pattern view shows a track for every possible parameter to adjust!

If you try open vsti synth1 in the pattern editor you will have 250 tracks visible!
Of which the one on the far far right, you have to scroll, is for the single note! you can edit!

IMO thats not a useable pattern editor…

How many times do you edit more than 1-4 of the parameters of a vsti with track commands!?

Then if you want to play a pattern, you have to first insert it in the sequencer then select the position of the pattern in the sequencer and set the loop points there, then you can play the pattern. Then if you want to try listening to a new pattern you have to do the thing all over.

And the pattern editor for playing samples does not show which sample is being played.

The note you hear on the keyboard is not the same octave as the note as you insert into the pattern!
Its very confusing to hear one note and then think you insert it, but when you play the pattern you get another note.

There are no functions in the pattern editor not even copy/paste in the pattern view.

There is no way to set the octave for the computer keyboard.

The piano editor is nice except you can’t edit the length of the piano pattern from the piano view but have to go to the pattern view or sequencer view to do that.
There is also no play position cursor, so you cant see or set the play position in the piano editor.

There is no way to set the tempo!

Not that I have found and I have been looking…

It lacks ASIO.

There is no Undo.

There is no Record button for recording live.

Another thing is though, that it does not say for how long your registration lasts…

If you think that it is usable in the current state you are very strange or have newer learnt any other tracker than Buzz?

I would love to see this tracker become useful and I would to register to give them my support, but right now Renoise is acctually very useful and I don’t have the money to buy something I can’t use and don’t know if I’ll ever have any use for.

But I’ll keep checking it out.